Author Topic: Just one more  (Read 8470 times)

Offline Marshall-law

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Just one more
« on: January 08, 2015, 01:25:05 PM »
I picked up a really nice all matching rectangle factory 0221 in the 21mil range at lunch today. It has a "R" stamped in front of the SN# kinda on top of the Chinese letter. It has the cleaning rod, cleaning kit and a chinese sling.  The stock is matching and has a bottom sling swivel. The stock and metal are in great shape. I'll post some pic tonight.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Just one more
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:27:28 PM »
1976 militia gun....  noice!    Lets see it!    :)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Marshall-law

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 07:42:28 PM »
Here are some photos

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 07:54:25 PM »
Never seen the large #3 on the side of a rsb before!    :o

Looks like a cast receiver? 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 07:59:41 PM »
Nice  thumb1 That is purdy. Congrats.

Can't recall ever seeing a 3 stamped on the side of the RSB like that. Any 1 got any thoughts on that?
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 08:04:56 PM »

Can't recall ever seeing a 3 stamped on the side of the RSB like that. Any 1 got any thoughts on that?

Matches the leaf....   :)

Offline Marshall-law

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 08:20:04 PM »
The bottom of the receiver does have what appears to be a seam. So I think its cast. What does the "R" represent in front of the Sn#? The Norinco stamp is the only stamp I can find on this one, no other import stamps on the barrel.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 08:35:36 PM »
That norinco stamp is the import stamp... CSI Ontario California.

We dont know too much about these letters randomly found on some receivers.  They are not part of the serial... thats for certain.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 08:37:35 PM »
Mind if I add your rifle to the oddities section of the chinese sks guide because of that #3 on the rsb?

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 08:42:53 PM »
The bottom of the receiver does have what appears to be a seam. So I think its cast. What does the "R" represent in front of the Sn#? The Norinco stamp is the only stamp I can find on this one, no other import stamps on the barrel.

First thing that came to mind for me was,a R stamp at import for a duplicate S/N. Possible R for repeat?
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Marshall-law

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 09:36:56 PM »
Mind if I add your rifle to the oddities section of the chinese sks guide because of that #3 on the rsb?
That will be fine.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 09:49:42 PM »
First thing that came to mind for me was,a R stamp at import for a duplicate S/N. Possible R for repeat?

I think that's a very distinct possibility Hippie!  Even though its a 21 million, the incrementing part of the serial number is so low, how many other 21000xxx numbers are out there from just Chinese SKSs from different arsenals.  It might as well simply be a 3 or 4 digit numbered gun.  Bound to be quite a few when you're only talking 1000 unique numbers or so in these low production arsenals.

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 10:05:02 PM »
Wow! Thanks for posting very nice!! Cast receivers are sweeeeet...
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 10:45:59 PM »
Marshall that is a really good looking carbine, congratulations on really nice snag!

Offline Marshall-law

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 08:28:46 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I was really not looking to buy another one unless it was russian built but I went in one of the shops that I've not been in lately and he had this one and 4 more. 2 in tapco stocks, 1 with the bayonet missing and 1 with the scope mount dust cover. This one was 350buck so I said what the heck "just one more".

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 08:43:48 AM »

My recent Russian has a 2 stamped on the side of the RSB, and three places down the barrel.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 10:24:20 AM »
That common journal size indicators Oli....   is the 2 on the rsb pretty thin struck, towards the center, and possibly upsidedown?

Offline padams8888

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 04:50:26 PM »
Definitely a cast receivered rifle....very nice! Tell tale cast parting line down the middle of the underside of the receiver.  I've had two like that with the horizontal barrel pin. Nice score! thumb1

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 09:57:03 PM »
That common journal size indicators Oli....   is the 2 on the rsb pretty thin struck, towards the center, and possibly upsidedown?
thumb1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 10:50:33 PM »
thumb1

I have a disease.     rofl