Author Topic: Not just a SKS guy, Im a Mauser whore too ;-)  (Read 28893 times)

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Not just a SKS guy, Im a Mauser whore too ;-)
« on: September 19, 2015, 10:51:22 PM »
Here is the majority of my Mausers for you folks that are like me and just cant have one thing that you like.

Colombian 30-06

Czech Late War

Czech Post war

Czech Vz24

Gewher 98

Peruvian 1935 in 30-06

Persian   

Turkish 38

Turkish 38/46 ( kinda hard to find)

Yugo Model 24

Yugo model 24/52C

Belgian ABL NAVY , these are the pics from the auction cause his Pics are way better than the ones i took  :))

And Ill go ahead and include this one even though i dont have this one any more, it was a rare one and some you folks might not have seen it before..

This was my G98/40, Hungarian Made during nazi occupation

« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:04:11 PM by oldcarjunkie »
Come join me on Facebook group..  The Milsurp Nation or Instagram @Milsurp_Nation   

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Not just a SKS guy, Im a Mauser whore too ;-)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 12:52:27 AM »
Very nice Mauser collection!  thumb1

Well, I'm a wood stock junkie (not to be confused with Woodstock junkie  :)) ) and that Turkish M38 may not be the rarest of Mausers but it sure is the prettiest Turk I've ever seen. 

Your new Belgian FN looks pristine, the inletting looks like it was done just yesterday, not over 60 years ago  :o

That 98/40 is very clean indeed.  Bet that fetched a pretty penny when you let her go.

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 07:51:49 AM »
Beautiful collection. I am especially fond of the "Persian" models. The workmanship on those is simply top shelf. Maybe I'll get another one some day. Get a "Swede" to top them off. You won't regret it.

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 12:35:54 PM »
Very nice Mauser collection!  thumb1

Well, I'm a wood stock junkie (not to be confused with Woodstock junkie  :)) ) and that Turkish M38 may not be the rarest of Mausers but it sure is the prettiest Turk I've ever seen. 

Your new Belgian FN looks pristine, the inletting looks like it was done just yesterday, not over 60 years ago  :o

That 98/40 is very clean indeed.  Bet that fetched a pretty penny when you let her go.

Yeah everyone loves that Turk wood, I def hit the wood lottery when i got that one.
I paid a about 640 for the belgian which i thought was alot but Few weeks after that i seen another like it but not as nice go at auction for 1150.00! So im a happy camper .banana time

The 98/40 If  it had been matching would have been a 2000 rifle. This one was not matching so i only sold it for about 600ish to a dealer at a show, but i had got it at a local auction for 425 so i did ok.

Beautiful collection. I am especially fond of the "Persian" models. The workmanship on those is simply top shelf. Maybe I'll get another one some day. Get a "Swede" to top them off. You won't regret it.

Marcus

I had a Swede and will add another but the one i had was not very nice. The next one i add will be as close to new as possible.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 02:31:03 PM by oldcarjunkie »
Come join me on Facebook group..  The Milsurp Nation or Instagram @Milsurp_Nation   

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 09:18:07 PM »
These are way beyond my pay grade or understanding but they are beautiful rifles!

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 11:55:36 PM »
These are way beyond my pay grade or understanding but they are beautiful rifles!

Thanks, some of them arent all that much. That Colombian cost me 250.00 shipped with the bayonet.  :)

Also guys i have two more mausers coming now. One i bought on auction the other day and the other he guy is supposed to call me tomorrow for CC payment.  :P

Offline sheepdog

• BIG MONEY GRIFF
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
  • Khrushchev was right
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 11:33:52 PM »
I really don't care much for Mausers.  ;)

No Mauser collection is complete without a Swede. They just don't get any better.
LIVE FROM THE DOGHOUSE

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 09:44:23 AM »
Bought a few more in the last few weeks including a very nice swede. I ll get pics up shortly. At the kids school for a parade today.. 42degrees. .. fun fun.

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 12:23:49 PM »
Heck, I feel blessed just to have the one I've got.  You guys are completely over the top.  Obomba oughta do sumpthin about nuts like you.  jd
I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.  Groucho Marx

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 02:13:33 PM »
Nice thumb1 thumb1, but,

Whatcha got against a Spanish FR8, the assault weapon bolt action  chuckles1 chuckles1

Or a mini Swede

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 02:19:39 PM »
Nice thumb1 thumb1, but,

Whatcha got against a Spanish FR8, the assault weapon bolt action  chuckles1 chuckles1

Or a mini Swede

I had a FR8, it was a century conversion, when i went to shoot it the first two shots were decent on paper at 100, then it opened up, i shot the 5 and looked at the gun, th handguard was now 5 inches forward from where it was supposed to be.  ::)

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 02:24:02 PM »
Brazilian 1908 Mauser 7mm

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 02:27:24 PM »
Clilean 1895 Mauser 7mm

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 02:30:04 PM »
Never seen a CAI conversion one. Interesting. I have seen the M1916 Spanish Mauser, ".308" converted ones, just never an FR7 or FR8. These 3 were imported from Spain.

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 02:33:37 PM »
Swede M96 , Finn Marked.

From the auction..

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 02:36:29 PM »
Never seen a CAI conversion one. Interesting. I have seen the M1916 Spanish Mauser, ".308" converted ones, just never an FR7 or FR8. These 3 were imported from Spain.

Yeah they converted it to .308, I just looked on my Hard drive, no pics left of it, i must have deleted the folder.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 02:49:15 PM »
The FR7 and FR8 were converted in Spain at Fabrica De Armas La Coruņa. The large ring FR8 was converted from a Model 1943, the small ring FR7 was converted from a M1916.  CAI didn't converted them, these are true Spanish Mausers. It was a stand in for the Cetme while it was under development, which is where the 7.62 Cetme round came from. It was a lower power round than 7.62 NATO, it was eventually changed to 7.62 NATO, due to some issues with the round, and the Cetme was revised for the Nato round.

Armed (But Not Dangerous): The Franken-Mauser: Spain's FR-8
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FR8
The FR-8 Page
Lock, Stock, and History, The Spanish FR 8 Mauser In the 1950?s the Spanish...

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »
The FR7 and FR8 were converted in Spain at Fabrica De Armas La Coruņa. The large ring FR8 was converted from a Model 1943, the small ring FR7 was converted from a M1916.  CAI didn't converted them, these are true Spanish Mausers. It was a stand in for the Cetme while it was under development, which is where the 7.62 Cetme round came from. It was a lower power round than 7.62 NATO, it was eventually changed to 7.62 NATO, due to some issues with the round, and the Cetme was revised for the Nato round.

Armed (But Not Dangerous): The Franken-Mauser: Spain's FR-8
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FR8
The FR-8 Page
Lock, Stock, and History, The Spanish FR 8 Mauser In the 1950?s the Spanish...

Well if thats the case then They themselves didnt know what the hell they were doing. who ever converted it when changing or shortening the barrel had cut the bracket that held the lower wood on and when i started shooting it tarted walking forward a there was no way for it to hold in place.  pullhair1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 04:17:28 PM »
On these 3, the stock nose cap holds the front of the handguard, which is screwed into a stock insert. The rear of the handguard is retained by a very tight circular spring clip around the barrel. Removing the handguard is very difficult, and alot of them got broken by over zealous people cleaning and stock refinishers. Finding a replacement is near impossible and can be very pricey if found. And also, the triple ring is roughly the same as the Cetme, with a slight amount of fitting it will fit, and the barrel follows the same design also, the biggest difference is it's threaded for one of the two Mauser actions.

So sorry you had bad experience with one. :( Sounds more like bubba got ahold of it, in my opinion.

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 06:41:30 PM »
Looking at the rifles online I am struggling to remember what was coming loose, i am starting to think i might have that rifle confused with another. Ill have to ask my buddy to see if he remembers which rifle that was.  :-\  :-[