Author Topic: Bench-Rest SKS Build  (Read 15246 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Bench-Rest SKS Build
« on: September 20, 2014, 07:59:22 PM »
This may be easier to list the parts that are NOT custom made.   rofl

Receiver
Bolt
Carrier
Trigger Group
Return Spring Assembly

This is a single-shot straight-pull bolt-action benchrest style rifle with a custom chambered Israeli 1919a4 barrel. The action is fully bedded with two aluminum pillars. The magazine is a shortened duckbill-less Tapco and locks in similar to the marcus adapter via a custom aluminum ramp just behind the Anschutz accessory rail and is released by my custom "Talon" extended release. The stock is solid black-walnut fitted with a Vostok adjustable buttplate assembly, a solid Ebony nose-cap, and an Ebony grip-cap. The Scope rail was completely custom made as well.

Anywho...  on to the pics!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:40:25 PM by running-man »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Bench-Rest SKS Build
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 09:24:45 PM »
Now that is a work of art, beautiful. I saw the photos of this one back when you started it from scratch, sure came a heck of a long way!

Got photos of any targets with holes in 'em?!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:32:08 PM »
I really need to play with some more hand-loads..... but this was with Yugo-m67.  The best 5 shot group so far at 100 Yards.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 10:16:53 PM »
I really need to play with some more hand-loads..... but this was with Yugo-m67.  The best 5 shot group so far at 100 Yards.

That's good Loose! If I shot a group like that...there would be powder burns around the holes.

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 02:34:46 AM »
That's good Loose! If I shot a group like that...there would be powder burns around the holes.

ME TOO  chuckles1 rofl chuckles1 rofl
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 06:55:04 PM »
I was looking through the the sections and thought I'd look in at Bubba's corner hoping you had posted this beauty up. Thanks for not disappointing me. I still remember all the chats and conversations we had putting that thing together. Maybe some day I will actually get down your way so we can go shoot that thing now that my shoulder is on the mend.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 07:03:02 PM »
Yup...  it was a fun build that kept me busy for a while.  :)

I may actually be buried with this thing.   rofl

Was good stuff talking about solutions to overcome obstacles with my chief brain-storming consultant.  thumb1   

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 04:15:26 AM »
Nice! Got anymore of those talon releases? I always did like those!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 09:23:51 AM »
Well, they are custom built to each fcg housing and I'm never home anymore to do them. 

Offline shemhamforash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 04:41:35 PM »
you should SOMEHOW link the build process of that rifle from past posts..........there's a LOT of info to that build that would be most enjoyed here

just sayin 8)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 05:51:47 PM »
you should SOMEHOW link the build process of that rifle from past posts..........there's a LOT of info to that build that would be most enjoyed here

just sayin 8)

Unfortunately, the powers to be on said board will not allow links to be posted to the sksguide in which MANY collectors have contributed to, and also these boards. Shame really as much data and info thats been gathered over the years cannot be linked to as a reference guide is nothing short of suppression of information.  Seeing how the buddy system is at play and other informational based sites are linked to on a regular basis while the sksguide is not allowed speaks volumes as to the staffs character.

Well known researchers/collectors with outstanding reputations have had board supporter status stripped away simply for being a member here and any reference to the sksguide is deleted. We at sks files are forced to play the same hand until the other side gets their suppressing/controlling egotistical heads out of their ass and stops being a baby about who has what info and where its located.

Offline Garand1957

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
  • https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/6
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 07:33:18 PM »
Think you could make me one of those extended magazine release set ups ?  :)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 08:49:20 PM »
Im hardly ever home and dont have the spare time when I am.     :-\

Offline GORDO

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Newber
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 09:19:32 PM »
thats one sexy gun you built!

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 05:40:37 AM »
Well, they are custom built to each fcg housing and I'm never home anymore to do them.

Damnit!

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 02:20:48 PM »
Hey Travis,
Just wondering if you have improved on you 5 shot group with this beauty yet.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 03:06:06 PM »
Have not been able to mess with it in some time.  Now that winter is just about over with, I hope to get back on it.   :)

One thing I have noticed, this 1919a4 barrel is wanting some high velocities. I have some 110gr 308s to load up.   :P

Also have some lubricated gas checked castings of JDs to try.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 04:00:42 PM »
Hmmm, should prove interesting.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 05:51:22 PM »
M1 carbine bullets.   :P

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 06:56:15 PM »
Do you think they will be very accurate being round nose? or are they spire bullets?