Author Topic: M91 (and other) Carcano's  (Read 627 times)

Online Cz315

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
  • The only way to avoid gun N is to avoid gun N-1
Re: M91 (and other) Carcano's
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2021, 02:18:34 PM »
Really nice, Phosphorus32! All correct and with a sling! Did you get the sling separately?

I got mine from Dan too (he just had another batch of antiques that didn't last very long) and perhaps that was the source of my disappointment as I saw all kinds cool rifles Gunboards folks got there and I got my expectations run wild. It's not a bad deal, just I wish I didn't get the sanded stock - I can live with the updated hand guard but the state of the stock hurt me a bit  :(

Larry, if you thinking about getting back into Carcano's, now it's not a bad time. It is a slippery slope, though ;)

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2021, 03:59:12 PM »
I bought the sling separately. I got two brass and two steel buckle slings. A bit expensive at $45 and $40, respectively, but Carcano slings are hard to find. The brass ones are gone but there are a few steel ones left.

https://www.northridgeinc.com/product-p/carc-sl.htm
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 04:35:49 PM by Phosphorus32 »

Online Cz315

• Marksman
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2021, 06:32:01 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the heads up on NorthRidge!

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
  • Death from above
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2021, 12:30:35 PM »
I bought the sling separately. I got two brass and two steel buckle slings. A bit expensive at $45 and $40, respectively, but Carcano slings are hard to find. The brass ones are gone but there are a few steel ones left.

https://www.northridgeinc.com/product-p/carc-sl.htm

After seeing your sling pictured, I think I have one similar in my stash for my 91/30 long rifle. I bought 100 rounds from Graff and Rebel Sgt. gave me some chargers. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
  • Death from above
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2021, 01:24:23 PM »
I just checked my slings, and found one. It's the right style but a little thinner and too new. I put it on anyway but will likely change it for an older Garand type leather unit. I imagine they could be found with anything strung on them. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2021, 02:30:11 PM »

Larry, if you thinking about getting back into Carcano's, now it's not a bad time. It is a slippery slope, though ;)

That's the problem!
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Online Cz315

• Marksman
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2021, 06:38:05 PM »
Well, I just got a phone call from Northridge and that are out of slings. I guess their website availability was not up to date, so they took my order but could not fulfill it. Too bad. The lady on the phone said they had a ton of them and they just sold them like crazy. Not surprised given how many Carcanos were imported recently. If anyone sees other places they sell them (or want to sell their) I'd appreciate a heads up.