Author Topic: Full Auto SKS  (Read 297 times)

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
Full Auto SKS
« on: June 10, 2020, 11:02:03 AM »
Zip to 19:45 for the SKS discussion :

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Re: Full Auto SKS
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 01:45:08 PM »
About the only thing they said that is correct is that the cyclic rate on a FA SKS is ridiculous fast.  TOO fast.

The Type 63 isn't really an SKS either....more of a hybrid between an AK and an SKS....but not exactly that either.
They also never had thumbhole stocks....and they used 20 round AK type magazines....not AK magazines per se.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 03:33:36 PM »
doh1 IV8888 was mildly entertaining when I first got into collecting, but he is often factually wrong or showing people how to refinish a perfectly good milsurp, so I just don't enjoy him much anymore.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • If it's 2020, why are so many afflicted by myopia?
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 05:39:34 PM »
Let's see.  His "D" is a modified "M" cut to accept drum mags.  Looks like the flash hider I used on my Sporter that I put in an original SKS stock.  Other than that, just two Bubba's (no offense BZ :))) talking about guns heavy on opinions and light on facts wink1.

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 07:00:56 PM »
I wonder if the Chinese opted for 20 round T63 mags was because by the time you made it to 30 your muzzle rise would be vertical? rofl

Online Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 07:24:48 PM »
doh1 IV8888 was mildly entertaining when I first got into collecting, but he is often factually wrong or showing people how to refinish a perfectly good milsurp, so I just don't enjoy him much anymore.

I used to watch them to see variations of guns. But I can't take the dude on the left anymore, is his name Eric? I watch joe public stuff before I watch them anymore.

Offline Bubbazinetti

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 07:32:08 PM »
Think they welded the firing pin forward on that "type 63"? punish1 :)
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 10:17:49 PM »

I used to watch them to see variations of guns. But I can't take the dude on the left anymore, is his name Eric? I watch joe public stuff before I watch them anymore.

Yeah, Eric, he's Mr. IV8888. The other cast members come and go. I mean he's likable as a person, kinda folksy and laid back, but his info and opinions on milsurps turns me off from his channel in an informational sense.

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 11:57:56 PM »
Think they welded the firing pin forward on that "type 63"? punish1 :)

That would simply empty the mag the second you charged it....in whatever direction it was pointing initially...and depending on the magazine size, eventually end up skyward.

This reply is for future generations reading this..... THAT ISN'T HOW IT"S DONE, and IT SHOULDN'T BE DONE EVEN THE RIGHT WAY kids.

It kind of irks me that they say that M is full auto.....I seriously doubt it is a legal mod, as far as the govt is concerned, and it promotes dangerous behavior that is bad for the gun community in general.  The cyclic rate and lack of a muzzle device makes the whole idea foolhardy, wasteful and dangerous.  It permanently destroys several trigger components....if done properly, and I have the distinction of purchasing a trigger group from some eBay jackhole, having to replace said components to make it functional....and the idiot didn't even do it properly, so it didn't work AT ALL as a consequence.

I did learn that Yugo hammers are different than other hammers though as a result, can't remember what the heck it was....but it required assistance working in a Chinese group....via grinder.

I was under the impression this subject is kinda taboo, but hopefully as long as the discussion leans towards how stupid the idea is, it can serve as an educational tool for the future.

In the last two weeks, I have had neighbors tell me that if they got an SKS, they would make it full auto....so my pet peeves are a bit piquey right now. banghead1

Offline Bubbazinetti

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 12:49:41 AM »
I was only being facetious.What they were doing to a SKS just seemed ridiculous.

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2020, 01:22:17 AM »
I was only being facetious.What they were doing to a SKS just seemed ridiculous.

Oh, I know....I just figured it needed a bit of a rebuttal before someone does something silly. :)

Offline firstchoice

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 12:51:27 AM »
Wow, just wow. That first couple of sentences about the SKS and the various "types" was confounding. Made my ears hurt. lol

And saying that the Chinese developed a select fire SKS as the Type 63?   rofl2 rofl  They need to delete that entire SKS segment from the video.  rofl2

FA SKS... pullhair1 pullhair1

firstchoice

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2020, 03:53:31 PM »
Wow, just wow. That first couple of sentences about the SKS and the various "types" was confounding. Made my ears hurt. lol

And saying that the Chinese developed a select fire SKS as the Type 63?   rofl2 rofl  They need to delete that entire SKS segment from the video.  rofl2

FA SKS... pullhair1 pullhair1

firstchoice
IV8888 definitely screwed up. Publishing bogus info wrt "full-auto", no bueno.

Offline Shoot The Refurbs

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 02:01:12 AM »
You'd imagine with as many as passed through his hands he would know better   Besplode

Offline Bubbazinetti

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 09:30:08 PM »
They probably got caught up in their own egos.

Offline teddybear1848

• Cadet
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 08:34:44 PM »
That channel died with barry
"Is that actually a bucket of cat litter or is it 7.62 Nato?" - My better half.