Author Topic: Inglis No2 Mk1* High Power  (Read 48 times)

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Inglis No2 Mk1* High Power
« on: August 15, 2019, 10:49:20 PM »
Nice clean Dominion of Canada Proofed (DCP, crossed flags) and Canadian military accepted (C broad arrow mark) No2 Mk1*. This was made in late WWII at the John Inglis & Co plant in Toronto. These were used by the Canadians for decades. The dark gray parkerizing with the serial numbers in the white is consistent with it being the original finish. I'd rate it about 85% with honest wear on the high points.

These were imported from Canada by GEMCO who put their very small font import mark on the left side above the grip. They were sold by Navy Arms Co., both of NJ. I'm not sure if GEMCO was simply the importing arm and NA Co was the retail arm? I have firearms with an NA Co import mark, so at some point before or after GEMCO, Navy Arms held an importers license.

The chrome bore is very good to excellent. I'm looking forward to putting a few rounds down the pipe from the 13 round double-stack magazines.  thumb1

C broad arrow acceptance marking

Online Larry D.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Re: Inglis No2 Mk1* High Power
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 04:05:48 AM »
Very nice, indeed!

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 07:25:42 AM »

Online carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 09:20:14 AM »
neat, does look like a 1911.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 12:52:50 PM »
neat, does look like a 1911.  thumb1

Yeah, it is a John Browning design, so it certainly shares aesthetic and functional similarities. The High Power is easier to field strip than a 1911. Also, it's the first pistol to incorporate a double-stack magazine. The 13 round magazine was high capacity, or "high power", especially compared to pistols in use in 1935 when the FN High Power was first introduced.