Author Topic: WTB: Chicom SKS Receiver Cover  (Read 419 times)

Offline Larry D.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
WTB: Chicom SKS Receiver Cover
« on: February 08, 2019, 01:04:23 PM »
I need a top cover for my   /0412\ SKS.

Looking to purchase an unmarked Chinese receiver cover.

Desert Fox Sales has them for 30-ish bucks, but I thought I'd offer my money to the folks here first.

The original owner put an aftermarket cover/scope on it and threw the original cover away. >:(
Yes, I've already cursed his lineage repeatedly.   bat1                                                                                     

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: WTB: Chicom SKS Receiver Cover
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 03:24:58 PM »
Threw it away?!  :o bat1 When he pays for a cup of coffee with a $20, I guess he probably throws the change in the garbage  bat1 :))

Sorry, can't help with a blank/scrubbed cover.

Offline Larry D.

• Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 09:42:24 PM »
Yes sir, he did.
If you knew this guy, it wouldn't surprise you.

Same guy showed up at my house with an original Winchester 1897 12ga that he has just inherited. He had taken it apart and couldn't get it back together.He said he wanted to get it cleaned up in time for dove season. He had also inherited his grandmothers Browning A5 in 20ga that he was considering trading for a "12 gauge" because 20's were for women.
I overplayed my hand on that one, so I missed out.
I have probably 10 more stories about this clown's unrelenting stupidity, but only 1 is firearm related.

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Death from above
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 12:39:49 AM »
I think I may have one. If I do I'd let it go for $30 shipped. PM me if interested. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Larry D.

• Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 03:02:07 PM »
I think I may have one. If I do I'd let it go for $30 shipped. PM me if interested. PAX

PM sent.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 04:49:01 PM »
Yes sir, he did.
If you knew this guy, it wouldn't surprise you.

Same guy showed up at my house with an original Winchester 1897 12ga that he has just inherited. He had taken it apart and couldn't get it back together.He said he wanted to get it cleaned up in time for dove season. He had also inherited his grandmothers Browning A5 in 20ga that he was considering trading for a "12 gauge" because 20's were for women.
I overplayed my hand on that one, so I missed out.
I have probably 10 more stories about this clown's unrelenting stupidity, but only 1 is firearm related.

doh1 rofl Some people have zero appreciation for collectible firearms.

Offline Larry D.

• Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 06:05:43 PM »
He had zero appreciation of anything.
He was actually a little pissed off that he had to work.
I'm not kidding. He is an only child and was resentful that his parents weren't still willing to foot the bill for anything he wanted.
I haven't seen him in 10 years, and I suspect that he still has that spoiled kid in him.

I got the SKS about 2 months ago from a mutual acquaintance that has only put 10 rounds through it since he's owned it.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 07:39:19 PM »
He had zero appreciation of anything.
He was actually a little pissed off that he had to work.
I'm not kidding. He is an only child and was resentful that his parents weren't still willing to foot the bill for anything he wanted.

rofl  I'm an only child too. Glad my parents didn't raise me to expect a free ride  :o They paid for my undergraduate education (which was actually still affordable in the early 1980s), and that was an enormous benefit that I appreciate. However, I made my own way through grad school and have worked hard to get where I'm at now.

Offline Larry D.

• Rifleman
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 12:14:39 PM »
I've known a few guys that were only children.
Guys like you were the norm. He was then, what the millenials are now.

I'll give you guys another story:
WARNING: NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BEVERAGES SPRAYED ON KEYBOARDS!
The guys name is Ken.
He had a Suzuki Samurai. Always tinkering with it in some effort to make himself appear more manly. (Yeah, he had issues)
His next door neighbor (also a coworker) was telling us that Ken had borrowed his 115v wire feed welder to weld on a glass pack type muffler. This was done on a Sunday afternoon, and the story was told first thing Monday morning out by the roach coach before we started work.
Ken was one of those guys that was ALWAYS anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes late for work.
Buzzer goes off and we all head inside and start the day.
About an hour later, I headed over to the paint booth the grab some parts. On the way, I pass Ken.
Ken is holding an ice pack in his hand.
Knowing I'd hear something stupid, I ask about the ice pack. He shows me a HUGE blister on his hand. The entire pad of his hand is burned.
Seems that he'd driven the Samurai the 4 or 5 miles to the freeway, and the muffler fell off on the on ramp. Ken stopped and kicked it to the side of the road. Then, not wanting to lose the muffler, he picked it up!
I laughed at him and told him that most guys keep a pair of gloves in their 4 wheeler.
Numb-nuts then tells me that he has gloves in the Samurai, but he was afraid that he'd burn them on the hot muffler....

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 12:43:03 PM »
Suzuki Samurai... I had a Geo Tracker for years...I could not kill it, tried for 17 years and it went everywhere....just slowly, and you could park it in those half parking spots at stores where the cart return is. little bastard had 311,000 miles on it when it finally wouldn't pass state inspection, the fuel tank was lose and starting to fall out, had holes in the floor board you could fit your fist through and the left rear spring support was rusted through and breaking. And...it still ran. rofl2

Ken didn't drive a Suzuki Samurai.... he drove the struggle bus
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun – take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 10:35:14 PM »
I laughed at him and told him that most guys keep a pair of gloves in their 4 wheeler.
Numb-nuts then tells me that he has gloves in the Samurai, but he was afraid that he'd burn them on the hot muffler....

:o rofl Too funny...and ouch  fart1

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 10:51:27 PM »
Well, if they were really nice Isotoners....

rofl

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 12:03:21 AM »
Well, if they were really nice Isotoners....

rofl

Right?! I mean they coulda been Joe Montana’s Isotoners. Skin will grow back  ::)

Offline Larry D.

• Rifleman
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 04:02:42 AM »
Suzuki Samurai... I had a Geo Tracker for years...I could not kill it, tried for 17 years and it went everywhere....just slowly, and you could park it in those half parking spots at stores where the cart return is. little bastard had 311,000 miles on it when it finally wouldn't pass state inspection, the fuel tank was lose and starting to fall out, had holes in the floor board you could fit your fist through and the left rear spring support was rusted through and breaking. And...it still ran. rofl2

Ken didn't drive a Suzuki Samurai.... he drove the struggle bus

I have a story about Ken and a Geo Tracker, too. Not nearly as funny, but shows his fundamental lack of common sense.

Offline Larry D.

• Rifleman
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 05:25:49 PM »
Got the cover.

A HUGE +1 to Echo1 !!

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Death from above
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 01:57:35 PM »
Got the cover.
A HUGE +1 to Echo1 !!

Likewise for Larry D. A+, PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798