Author Topic: SKS-NR stock discrepancy?  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
SKS-NR stock discrepancy?
« on: July 25, 2016, 11:51:42 PM »
I know the guide shows that the NR and 93 are supposed to have the thumbhole stock with the standard military front.

This is the third NR I've seen now that has a 63 style stock with a flat forend, that is supposed to be NIB.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/573628295

Thoughts?

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: SKS-NR stock discrepancy?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 01:09:07 AM »
The NR in the guide has no import info with the model stamping. This one has the CSI import stamp immediately after the '7.62X39MM'. Likely different batches, maybe a different importer or even different years too?  Got any import stamps or S/Ns from the other square fronted ones you saw Sal?

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 03:38:53 AM »
Well I just when't through 40 plus serial numbers and found a line in the sand between 94 505XX and 94 511XX. ALL rifles prior to 94 505XX have the flat forend and ALL rifles after have the military style front grip. Several of the files were marked "wrong stock' and I guess I never checked the rest. My NR had the military style grip so I assumed incorrectly they all had that stock. I absolutely missed the flat forend on 15 plus rifles in my data base. You are right Sal both stocks are on the NR series of rifles. I will correct the guide asap.

pullhair1................Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 04:28:55 PM »
And this, gentlemen, is how we learn.   clap1  Excellent job all around.  Looking forward to the guide updates Joe!  thumb1

I can't remember how many times I've glossed over some important detail and then filed the photos away w/o really thinking about something.  Then when someone asks a question and I go back and look at those photos a year later, the detail I missed hits me right smack in the head!  More "A ha!" moments occur in the RM household from stuff that I didn't absorb/comprehend the first time around than I'd care to admit.   chuckles1