Author Topic: Tee time or the proper use for golf balls  (Read 6414 times)

Offline Catmandoo

• Public Nuisance
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Tee time or the proper use for golf balls
« on: January 30, 2015, 09:21:07 PM »
I love my mil surp rifles but they are not quite as accurate as this AR that I have. LC turned me on to a specific load that no matter what powder / powder charge / bullet combo I can't beat. I did bump it up half a grain 'cause this rifle likes it hot.
 Went to the range with my dad a couple of weeks ago, tried out more loads and resorted to the ol' stand by 24 grains of H322, CCI 450 primers and Nosler 55 grain ballistic tipped projectiles. Out came the golf balls, set on water bottles.
 Long story short, three shots at 100 yards and three properly ventilated golf balls. Oh yeah, the dude with all the bells and whistles on his AR that couldn't hit a two foot square box got miffed and left after the golf ball incindent.

Didn't even knock over the water bottles and one golf ball was MIA. When the other guy was shoving his rifle in the truck my dad said " ya know, your a dick " I said " I love you too Pop "

A gun is similar to a parachute, if you need one and dont't have it chances are that you will never need one again.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Tee time or the proper use for golf balls
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 09:28:01 PM »
 rofl

Priceless!!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Catmandoo

• Public Nuisance
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Newber
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 10:06:25 PM »
Those are the exit wounds, damned golf balls healed up on the other side. The entrance was just a dark round spot.

As far as this load for live breathing animals, Gunny Sgt. Wade, my boss at work reports that at 150 yards he has rolled several coyotes and they roll three times and die before they hit the ground. Hogs are a different story. Gunny lets his kids shoot first on the hogs and they squeal a couple of times and drop to the ground ( the hogs not the kids). The hogs that he had in his trap were six big 350 pound plus females and wouldn't turn side ways so he could get them behind the ear with a .22. Gunny got pissed and whipped out the AR, I guess that four tours in Afghanistan might shorten ones patience when it comes to making things die. Six shots to the forehead, went through the skull, split in half and blew out the sides of both shoulders at a 90 degree angle to the entry. Dead pigs, no squeal, no muss, no fuss.

A nice accurate load that is effective on what ever you shoot it at, punching paper, golf balls or living breathing targets. CMD
A gun is similar to a parachute, if you need one and dont't have it chances are that you will never need one again.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 12:09:10 AM »
Wow CMD, that's impressive as all heck!  thumb1

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 02:56:41 AM »
When the other guy was shoving his rifle in the truck my dad said " ya know, your a dick " I said " I love you too Pop "
LMAO that's a knee slapper

Hey, you were just going for center of mass...on a golf ball  :o :o  :))

Darn nice shooting there sniper!

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 08:19:32 AM »
Dern tootin', nice shootin'!
I can't see the pic of the AR, though...  rofl2

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 10:49:21 AM »
Brings a whole new meaning to the term 'getting your balls shot off' rofl rofl rofl
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Catmandoo

• Public Nuisance
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Newber
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 11:36:47 AM »
Dern tootin', nice shootin'!
I can't see the pic of the AR, though...  rofl2

That is because I was ridin' the short bus and failed to post it. It's nothing fancy mostly put it together on the kitchen table, Rock River barell in .223 Wylde.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 12:39:58 PM »
I've been told .223 Wylde is the Cat's meow as concerns all things .223 and 5.56. Catmandoo just proved it it would seem.

Man I'm just full of it today rofl rofl
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 01:53:32 AM »
My ole man worked up this load and I shot a 1" 5rd group at 300y.....   Its a good load for 1/9, no doubt about it.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 11:24:35 AM »
Holy cow...I doubt I can do that with my Savage .270. That's some serious shootin with that rig Cat!  clap1 If things "go south" I'm glad you are on our side.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 09:16:43 PM »
That poor Titleist got it's head blown off!
I like trying to shoot golf balls with handguns but it usually amounts to nothing more than a waste of ammo. But hey, aim small miss small right?
It's fun shooting old Balata golf balls. All your new golf balls are made from a harder material called surlyn. In Balata balls the core is a thinner rubber and sometimes wrapped with string. It's cool to see their guts blasted out. Nice shooting Cat!
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 01:41:39 AM »
Haha, I just had a thought, where's Wilson from the other boards when you need him? Didn't he always have a golf ball in his avatar???? rofl thumb1

Offline Catmandoo

• Public Nuisance
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Newber
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 08:08:45 PM »
My ole man worked up this load and I shot a 1" 5rd group at 300y.....   Its a good load for 1/9, no doubt about it.

I haven't worked up to the 300y range yet for grouping, but, I was hitting a six inch plate @ 480y using this load and a three mil hold over. You could hear the round crackling through the air all the way to the target.  8)

I hope SlumberingBear reads this thread, I appreciate his work on the load.