Author Topic: Shooting the lights out with the greatest battle implement ever devised  (Read 4151 times)

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
I spent a few hours out in the National Forest so I could test out a few rifles I haven't shot yet, and spend some time with the trusty m1 & 1911. Everything went peachy- beautiful weather, nothing broke, no malfunctions, no scumbag maniacs running rampant, and the guns made me look like I know how to shoot.

All targets @ 100 yd from a sandbag
The Harvester m1:

Here's the m39, never fired since importation. I spent all night cleaning the cosmo. I whiffed the paper the first 5 shots, figured I was shooting over it. I started to bring it down, and once I found the sweet spot POA, it was all over the bull.

And finally I brought out a JPS K98 that I've never fired until today. Same deal as the m39- I was clipping the top edge of the paper while using a 6 o'clock hold. I brought it down and peppered the paint. What a fantastic rifle, Sauer & Sohn were on top of their game when they made this in '41. A beautiful bore, masterfully machined & silky bolt, this thing is a keeper.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:18:27 PM by Blicero »
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Shooting the lights out with the greatest battle implement ever devised
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 07:02:06 PM »
Oooh, way ta go Blicero! I can smell the burned powder from here....aroma-therapy!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 08:20:45 PM »
Awesome.   8)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »
Very nice shooting!  thumb1

I love the stock on that IH, beautiful patina.   Is your M39 "D" marked for the larger diameter Russian bullets?

The only issue with this post is that the gun/target shots only tease us with a shot of the trigger/bolt area of these fine rifles  bat1  :))

Offline MATAZOMBIE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
  • Only GOOD guys w/guns stop BAD guys w/guns!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 12:29:34 AM »
Very good shooting Blicero. thumb1  God Bless!!
I would rather live my life believing in God, and upon my death discover that He doesn't exist, than to not believe and upon my death discover that He does!!!

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 05:15:25 PM »
Thanks everyone. Those targets are currently on my refrigerator, right next to the finger painted recreation of Starry Night that I made.

The only issue with this post is that the gun/target shots only tease us with a shot of the trigger/bolt area of these fine rifles  bat1  :))

Some of those pics look like cell phone pics. Unacceptable, considering my life's goal is to make Ansel Adams look like a hack.
Here you go.

"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon