Author Topic: SKS trigger jobs  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Cupid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Re: SKS trigger jobs
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2020, 04:00:17 PM »
Let me dissect it:

Cupid: "If you like paying for something you can easily do yourself then go ahead."

1. There is no helpful advice herein.
2. It assumes someone wants to do the trigger job themselves and has the correct stones and knowledge to do it well without cutting in to the surface hardened layer too deeply, and resulting in both a smoother trigger and neutral engagement or better.
3. Implicit in your "advice" above is that the person who doesn't do it himself is wasting his money because it's so easy.

If this was your first statement of this type, we probably would have rolled our eyes and ignored it, but it's part of a pattern, and the prior examples were even worse. You just like to argue and push people's buttons, and if they don't agree with your opinion they're wrong or deficient in some way, and/or become the source of ridicule.

Is this a discussion forum or a safe haven for snowflakes  ?
THE WELDER GIVETH AND THE FILE TAKETH AWAY

ARSE~!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2020, 04:19:04 PM »
Let me dissect it:

Cupid: "If you like paying for something you can easily do yourself then go ahead."

1. There is no helpful advice herein.
2. It assumes someone wants to do the trigger job themselves and has the correct stones and knowledge to do it well without cutting in to the surface hardened layer too deeply, and resulting in both a smoother trigger and neutral engagement or better.
3. Implicit in your "advice" above is that the person who doesn't do it himself is wasting his money because it's so easy.

If this was your first statement of this type, we probably would have rolled our eyes and ignored it, but it's part of a pattern, and the prior examples were even worse. You just like to argue and push people's buttons, and if they don't agree with your opinion they're wrong or deficient in some way, and/or become the source of ridicule.

Is this a discussion forum or a safe haven for snowflakes  ?

Not the response I hoped for, but it is the response I expected.

Offline Cupid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2020, 12:22:34 PM »

I had the video at one time and know the process. It's kind of like getting  your oil changed. Having been a mechanic and now doing other things, it is not worth my time to do it myself when I can be making better money and letting someone else do it. As long as Tom and Ben are around I'll feed it to them and get other stuff I am more efficient at done in the mean time.

I also value my time that's why I do it myself, it's incredibly easy and takes 45 minutes or less to do a perfect trigger job, in fact it's faster to do it myself than to take the trigger group to the post office and I don't have to trust anyone else.
THE WELDER GIVETH AND THE FILE TAKETH AWAY

ARSE~!

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2020, 02:37:44 PM »

I had the video at one time and know the process. It's kind of like getting  your oil changed. Having been a mechanic and now doing other things, it is not worth my time to do it myself when I can be making better money and letting someone else do it. As long as Tom and Ben are around I'll feed it to them and get other stuff I am more efficient at done in the mean time.

I also value my time that's why I do it myself, it's incredibly easy and takes 45 minutes or less to do a perfect trigger job, in fact it's faster to do it myself than to take the trigger group to the post office and I don't have to trust anyone else.

Well, your fellow Canadians are crying out for someone up there to do legitimate trigger jobs for them to give their SKSs smoother, crisper, lighter, and safer trigger assemblies. You should go into business and help them out.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.