Author Topic: Possibly the rarest and unknown Trinity sks?  (Read 4689 times)

Offline CrazySquid

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Possibly the rarest and unknown Trinity sks?
« on: March 07, 2016, 03:51:57 AM »
http://www.hungariae.com/Simonov.htm

Did the Hungarians really produce 1-5 thousand sks rifles?

No idea but Im going to get my well connected ex-Hungarian T55 tank driver bud to look into it :)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 04:09:12 AM by CrazySquid »

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Possibly the rarest and unknown Trinity sks?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 04:34:18 AM »
http://www.hungariae.com/Simonov.htm

Did the Hungarians really produce 1-5 thousand sks rifles?

No idea but Im going to get my well connected ex-Hungarian T55 tank driver bud to look into it :)

I've read this before, and I'm very skeptical, although I wouldn't say it's absolutely impossible (hard to prove a negative). Seems more likely that they're restocked Russian SKS-45s, like the Polish SKSs, even though he argues vehemently against this with faulty logic about the great friends of Russia, the Poles!?  :o, and the enemies of Russia, the Hungarians. The Poles were trampled by the Soviets (and the Germans) in WWII, and had their own protests in 1956, though not as extensive, nor did they experience as many deaths.  Regarding his other argument about the SKS's inclusion in the Hungarian arms manuals: well, the US Army has manuals for the AK-47 but it doesn't mean they were manufactured by the US and placed in their arsenal.

I'd love to hear what your Hungarian former tank jockey friend has to say on the subject.

Also, I like this guys other info on Steyr M95s etc., it's helped me out. One flier doesn't mean the whole batch of ammo is bad  ;)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 04:51:13 AM »
+1

Seen this years ago, and I'm highly skeptical.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline CrazySquid

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 09:21:06 AM »
Well, my old T55 driving Hungarian bud couldn't help.  So I started trying to contact authorities in Hungary. I thought Id Come to a dead end after not hearing back from anybody over there in a while,,, But then,,, I received a big letter from their "Office of the President" / Chief of Defence yesterday. Will post scanned letter and pics once I get my scanner back online.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 09:50:18 AM by CrazySquid »