Author Topic: Russian & M67 @ 50 yards  (Read 7013 times)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Russian & M67 @ 50 yards
« on: October 15, 2015, 02:47:45 PM »
I'm on a roll, this is the third day in a row I've got in some shooting! Used my Russian and fired some M67 sent by running-man for me to try out. I only fired one magazine but I cleaned the Russian up real good with some hot water. The holes with lines through them are the current (M67) shots.

M67 FIVE RDS  50 YDS

M67 2nd group

My Russian...in the hands of some old fart.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Russian & M67 @ 50 yards
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 03:02:18 PM »
Looking good Danny! 

Fairly nice group with the first 5, but what happened with that second set?! thumb1

I'm thinking a bit more shooting is in order! shooting1

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 03:07:22 PM »
Looking good Danny! 

Fairly nice group with the first 5, but what happened with that second set?! thumb1

Thank you Sir! I believe you are right about more practice RM. Here's my BESTEST excuse for the 2nd group...um...crap I can't think of a good excuse.  :-[

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 03:20:14 PM »
Looking good Danny! 

Thank you Sir! I believe you are right about more practice RM. Here's my BESTEST excuse for the 2nd group...um...crap I can't think of a good excuse.  :-[

Well, it doesn't really apply to shooting at all but this is my all time favorite excuse in general:

"I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn’t have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN’T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"

- Jake Blues
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 03:45:22 PM »
Thanks Carl in CT, I'm writing these down!!

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 03:59:01 PM »
Thanks Carl in CT, I'm writing these down!!

Just pop in a Blues Brothers DVD and look for the part about 3/4 in where Jake is laying in the mud in a storm drain on the business end of a M-16 held by Carrie Fisher because he blew off their wedding and left her standing at the alter and he rattles that line of excuses off. The best part, she buys it and he blows her off again! Good side story in the movie but dang, who leaves Princess Leia at the alter?!! Not me I tell ya!
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 06:32:48 PM »
Dang Danny...  Your gonna need more ammo!!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 08:47:48 PM »
Nah...Loose}{Cannon in the past several months I've probably shot a total of about 45-50 rounds. When I do some shooting I seldom fire over one or two magazines at a time, Mary and I just don't blast off fifty or a hundred rounds when we shoot.

We shoot just enough to stay in tune!

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 10:40:46 PM »
Nice Danny  thumb1 Now you need to get ya a yugo to go with that M67 ammo  rofl

I love M67. I've managed to stockpile quite a bit of the 15 rd and 40 rd (stripper clip) boxes from pawn shops. A box here and there adds up. You gonna throw some down range in your chinese to compare?
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 01:03:55 AM »
Looking good Danny! 

Your in Flordia......easy, a skeeter bit your, uhm,  hoo hoo :o. It was a monster, the skeeter of course,  rofl You ratteled off several rounds during the pain and distress of the event. Even through the incident, you still managed to hit the paper. thumb1

Or, sasquatch jumped out of the palm tree or bushes next to you, and shot those himself.  Sasquatch sks rofl2

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 12:38:34 PM »
Nah...Loose}{Cannon in the past several months I've probably shot a total of about 45-50 rounds. When I do some shooting I seldom fire over one or two magazines at a time, Mary and I just don't blast off fifty or a hundred rounds when we shoot.

We shoot just enough to stay in tune!

You don't have to apologize about not burning a lot of ammo Danny.  I don't think most of these guys around here EVER shoot their rifles.   ;)  jd
I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.  Groucho Marx

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 02:19:07 PM »
Hey!  I resemble that remark!  Leave us poor rifle lickers be!  cry1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 02:25:09 PM »
Hey!  I resemble that remark!  Leave us poor rifle lickers be!  cry1

Wait, what do you call one who has manlicker rifles :o .....Oppps, I meant mannlicher rifles thumb1

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 03:10:32 PM »
I'm a fine one to talk;  went about two months without popping a cap, until last weekend I finally went out and shot six careful groups with my BR rifle.  jd
I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.  Groucho Marx