Author Topic: SkS Sight adjustment tool.  (Read 4955 times)

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
SkS Sight adjustment tool.
« on: June 22, 2018, 01:26:29 AM »
I have 3 sight adjustment tools and none of them will fit through the top hole to adjust the front sight to raise or lower.. Anyone know where I can buy one ? Thinking I might just grind one down but rather just buy the right one that works..

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: SkS Sight adjustment tool.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 08:02:48 AM »
I use a A/C schrader valve tool to adjust the front post, I thinks valve core tool for tires works too. 

I got a Snap-On one so when I break it, I get it replaced free. Unlike those wonder tools off fleabay for sights.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 10:40:09 AM »
I like the ones that fit inside the cleaning kit.  You use the punch tool to slide through the hole for the 'T' handle.  I also have a few like this with their own little pivoting handle attached.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/SKS-SIGHT-TOOL-FITS-IN-CLEANING-KIT-ADJUST-ELEVATION-CHINESE-ISSUE-7-62X39-/302098297355

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 08:55:48 PM »
Great info. I must have one in a cleaning kit right ? Never thought to look. And thanks GM, always thinking outside the box : ) Great ideas ill get something cooking. How come snap on dont have this tool ?  rofl  Ill look to see but im sure MAC makes them  rofl rofl rofl rofl

Offline Wanderson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 09:14:06 PM »
I use the Arsenal Inc. front sight tool, fits my SKS with room to spare.

I bought mine when I found out the front post on my WASR was stuck, I broke two cheap tools after letting the front post soak in penetrating oil for a week. The Arsenal got it out. It twisted the post til it was useless, but it came out.

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 09:31:43 PM »
I use the Arsenal Inc. front sight tool, fits my SKS with room to spare.

I bought mine when I found out the front post on my WASR was stuck, I broke two cheap tools after letting the front post soak in penetrating oil for a week. The Arsenal got it out. It twisted the post til it was useless, but it came out.

Thank You ! Welcome to the Files : ) Do you remember where you got it ?

Offline Wanderson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 08:33:05 PM »
I think I got mine from Apex gun parts years ago but I’ve seen them at Midway USA & Cheaper than Dirt as well.

Magna Matic also makes a nice AK sight tool that adjusts the windage drum as well but not sure if the part that moves the post will clear the hooded SKS sight. I’ve not had to fiddle much with windage and when I did, a socket & C clamp did the trick.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 12:45:04 AM »
Just buy this and rent it to us all when you are done....headspace gauges even. :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163091066018?ViewItem=&item=163091066018

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 11:28:02 AM »
Justin crop the pic on that kit and put a snap-on emblem on it. I know someone who will buy it : ) Thanks for all the leads gentlemen ..

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 12:00:42 PM »
Justin crop the pic on that kit and put a snap-on emblem on it. I know someone who will buy it : ) Thanks for all the leads gentlemen ..

Go ahead and laugh  :)  but..... I also do have a handmade elevation tool.. 15 minutes, 2 spring roll pins, a touch of weld and cut a groove and I can adjust'em all day. If'en I break it..15 minutes and 2 roll pins later, I'll have a new one, no shipping, no waiting around and no butt hurt when my special tactical $19.99 tool breaks. I've used this one at home and work for years with no issues.  Dual purpose tool, I can pull schrader valves out of a/c systems and adjust Ak/SKS sights.

Even made a weed eater/chain saw carb adjusting tool from a 17hmr casing. Them weird serrated tapered screws with no notch are a pain to tweak without something to grip them good. The 17hmr casing grips them perfect....  Wonder if the EPA or CARB will certify it.... rofl2

Hillbilly engineering.... :)

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 06:38:22 PM »
 chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1  Simply Genius !! Oooooooh Boy . clap1 clap1 clap1 I got this I think but if not you can make me one. And Yes you can engrave the GM C13 giveaway on the handle rofl

CARB ? How do you know about our friends out here ?

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 08:31:00 PM »
chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1  Simply Genius !! Oooooooh Boy . clap1 clap1 clap1 I got this I think but if not you can make me one. And Yes you can engrave the GM C13 giveaway on the handle rofl

CARB ? How do you know about our friends out here ?

I'll even dolly you up one with a little loop for your key chain... that way when you sit on it accidentally, you can think....."OH!!! OUCH!!!! that GM is such a pain in my arse" rofl2 chuckles1

How do I know CARB over here on the left coast... truck emission devices, DPF, DEF and oxidation catalysts oh my, trailer aerodynamic fairings, a 1 to a million 2 stroke mixes, tier 2, 3 and 4 engines, low rolling resistance tires that get no traction... surprised one can even smoke there, or they have a catalytic converter in the cig filter.. rofl fart1

Besides...it rhymes oh so nicely with... TARD!!! rofl2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2018, 11:39:20 PM »
All SkS owners need  a C-13 sight adjustment tattoo on their pocket  thumb1.. I went to the range with the first SkS I ever bought in 1990 and shes shooting high and my tool wouldnt fit so wasted trip. But I could almost swear a few years ago I used the same tool on a M59 or Romy and it worked  :-\   Were get it : )