Author Topic: K sports sks  (Read 2993 times)

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: K sports sks
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2020, 05:51:19 AM »

I have noticed that all the K-Sports Parka-Para's, and now the OP's gun, are 11 million series /26\ manufactured Type 56's. (That I have handled/seen. There may be variances.) Bob_The_Student, what year was your K-Sports 20"?

firstchoice

Thanks Bob! I'd like to find all the original flyers and ads for the K-Sports offerings. Shotgun News and all the older gun ads that used to be like a shopping list for me.  :)  Well, my hypothesis has already been shot down for the 11 mil observation. 5 observed as 11 mil and now one 12 mil.

firstchoice

Offline Aburch44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2020, 10:25:56 AM »

I have noticed that all the K-Sports Parka-Para's, and now the OP's gun, are 11 million series /26\ manufactured Type 56's. (That I have handled/seen. There may be variances.) Bob_The_Student, what year was your K-Sports 20"?

firstchoice

Here's my serial number idk what year it is though.

pic host

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2020, 01:47:43 PM »

firstchoice

Thanks Bob! I'd like to find all the original flyers and ads for the K-Sports offerings. Shotgun News and all the older gun ads that used to be like a shopping list for me.  :)  Well, my hypothesis has already been shot down for the 11 mil observation. 5 observed as 11 mil and now one 12 mil.

firstchoice

Here's my serial number.  idk what year it is though.

Yours is a /26\ 11 mil (11th year of production), so it's a 1966 year of manufacture.  thumb1

firstchoice

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2020, 07:27:49 PM »
To me, the OPs rifle has value because they are hard to find, and of a low production run. I've got a few K-Sport Paras and turned one Kengs Para into a Parka Para quasi-clone. Has a legit green K-Sport branded stock but a black Ramline HG.  Here's a pict of it.

It's pretty cool. I really like the Kengs muzzle job, very clean. I'll prolly put a Williams on it. I luvs me some Paratrooper. PAX
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 07:48:04 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798