Miscellaneous > The Bookshelf

Literature Exchange

(1/3) > >>

running-man:
Is there any member interest in a literature exchange?  I've got a few books & magazines that I haven't cracked open in many years.  Instead of letting them collect dust on my bookshelves prior to one day being thrown out/donated during an overzealous spring cleaning, I thought other members might be interested in borrowing them.  I'm not sure the exact format, but we could do it a few different ways I think. 

One thing I was thinking was a sort of lending library where people post what they have and what they want and other members match up and each send their material out to the other for a predetermined period of time.  The material would then be returned once that period is over with.

Another would be a round-robin style lending chain where Member A gets the item first from the owning member, then Member B requests it and Member A ships it to them, then so on and so on until at some point in time the owning member gets it sent back. 

Media mail still exists at the USPS and retails at ~$4 for the first pound or ~$7 for 5 lb., so not super $$ intensive hopefully.  Of course, as with all things, the first guy that disappears with my full set of guns magazines from 1962 would ruin it for everyone.

If there's any interest, let me know and I'll post up what I have when I get home from work tonight and we'll see what we can make happen.

echo1:
If you have an extra copy of Steve Kehaya & Joe Poyer's "The SKS Carbine" I'd take it off your hands. I have mostly aviation reading, especially WWII for barter. PAX

Greatguns:
If Rm doesn't have one I do, will have to track it down (In a box still from moving) to see which edition it is though.

Greatguns:
Went downstairs and found it, it's only a 2nd edition so, not sure if you want it or not.

echo1:

--- Quote from: Greatguns on February 06, 2024, 08:55:09 PM ---Went downstairs and found it, it's only a 2nd edition so, not sure if you want it or not.

--- End quote ---

I'll take it Alan. PM me if you want to engage in some shenanigans. PAX

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version