Author Topic: FSeries Question  (Read 25573 times)

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Re: FSeries Question
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2014, 06:40:14 PM »
I called Murray and talked with him a bit. Pretty sure at this point it is bent just a hair behind the front gas block. I am going to send it to him at some point and have him confirm and then see if I want to pay to have it fixed or just use it the way it is. Anyway.. thanks for all the help and advice guys. I greatly appreciate it.  Not sure what I would do if I couldn't ask questions like these somewhere :)
I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2014, 12:37:38 AM »
I called Murray and talked with him a bit. Pretty sure at this point it is bent just a hair behind the front gas block. I am going to send it to him at some point and have him confirm and then see if I want to pay to have it fixed or just use it the way it is. Anyway.. thanks for all the help and advice guys. I greatly appreciate it.  Not sure what I would do if I couldn't ask questions like these somewhere :)

Just curious about the outcome of this issue agrace. Have you been able to resolve it to your satisfaction?

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2014, 09:12:56 AM »
No sir. I sent it to Murray about around the 15th of November and have yet to hear anything. So at this point I still don't know if it has a bent barrel or if something else is wrong.  I hope to hear something soon.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2014, 05:54:59 PM »
I know this has to be frustrating for you but I'm sure it will work out okay. Remember there are some great minds working with you on this....well....ah....you have the support of some friends! rofl

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2015, 07:12:27 PM »
Update on this -- Mr. Murray sent me an e-mail today, the barrel was indeed bent significantly left and down a bit, however he fixed it up and sighted it in and it is headed back to me. I can't wait to get it back and get it to the range.  I can't say enough about Murray and his service and knowledge, it is outstanding and I highly recommend anyone needing a gunsmith to reach out to him first!

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2015, 07:21:31 PM »
Glad to hear!!  dance1

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2015, 07:48:12 PM »
Outstanding!!!  thumb1

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2015, 09:11:01 PM »
That's what we have been waiting to hear...HURRAH for Murray!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2015, 10:41:21 PM »
Awesome!    thumb1

You should go to Murrays section here in the Files and leave him that same feedback.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline SKhiSm 59-66A1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
  • My God, they have a Weaselpecker with them.
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2015, 10:38:28 AM »
There was at least one other thread elsewhere about this same issue with one of Classics rifles. In one of those it really looked to me as if the customer had basically acted as his own worst enemy, iirc rejecting a refund/exchange offer by Classic due to some perceived "attachment" he had formed for the rifle..but accepting 100$ cash back  :o

It's also been said that their customer service absolutely blows unless you happen to be someone they expect they'll be selling a lot of rifles to, so with all this taken together, I've pretty much determined to never do business with them. Apparently they used to be pretty decent but after a change in ownership, not as much these days. The way I see it, it shouldn't take someone like Murray's to do the sort of things they did in this case just to get your "new to me" rifle running, unless the customer knows what he's buying and it's priced accordingly. There's just too many places to buy from to even consider doing business with an outfit that's sending rifles out the door as VG when they're actually gunsmith specials or best suited for parts. FFS when a complaint comes in about a bent barrel, tell your pick/packs to look 'em over for a while, or send someone out to the warehouse to do an hours worth of spot grading and see what they find.

Understanding that it's a world where your customers are formed into communities and share a ton of information about the quality of your products and customer service is still escaping some people it seems. Anyway, OP I hope your rifle runs well for you, I just hate for you that you had to throw healthy money at it to get it there.
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."

Daniel Boone