Author Topic: Saw a letter 1955 Friday... and took some pics today!  (Read 20373 times)

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Saw a letter 1955 Friday... and took some pics today!
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 10:29:08 AM »
Just to let everyone know before some common questions are asked..

The reason it is not pinned to 5 rounds is because that law did not go into effect in Canada until 92. These Israeli cap's were imported pre-92, (post 85).

Also, a lot of people will say, "why no Israel property mark?"

In the Lebanon invasion in 82' Israel captured billions of dollars worth of arms, ammo, etc. Many small arms were designated for export almost immediately, to make some profit off of the invasion. No reason to property mark everything.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:36:26 AM by Worm »

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 10:31:46 AM »
Thats a rare gun in so many dimensions, you should buy it! Strap that thing on the front of or motorcyle and smile from ear to ear on the way home!! ;) Don't mind the cold you can do it.. thumb1
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 10:38:22 AM »
Thats a rare gun in so many dimensions, you should buy it! Strap that thing on the front of or motorcyle and smile from ear to ear on the way home!! ;) Don't mind the cold you can do it.. thumb1

I agree, purchase this bad boy. You don't see many. I've seen about 6, most of which are already owned. This is the second I've seen for sale in a couple years.

I would buy, and immediately strip it down and search for markings.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 10:54:56 AM »
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY !!!!!!!!!!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 10:57:26 AM »
LC called it

Bah Worm, you're not helping here!  LC is difficult enough to deal with w/o validation that he's right 0.0001% of the time!  rofl2

I think Oli's going to find a small CAI mark on the barrel of this gun when he looks at it again, something like this:

Those KRD translation stamps above the S/N would only have been put in by an importer.  Of course I guess they might have been put in by the Canadian importer too, so Canada is still plausible, though I'm sticking with my guess of it being a CAI. thankyou1  (I've been wrong on this thread so many times, you'd think I'd have learned by now eh? rofl)

Neat gun, good discussion!  thumb1

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 11:02:23 AM »
RM I missed that he said there may be one on the barrel. My mistake. There more than likely will be the early Century mark on the barrel.

Even so, the Israeli cap's were imported by early Century. Still fits the descr.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »
Yup...  It could def be an early cai gun also.  Like worm said... still fits the bill for an Israeli cap.

But the worst part is, we just found out RM is horrible with percentages.    :-X

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 11:09:20 AM »
Most definitely does.  If I had any grace whatsoever, I'd say that LC was talking about it being a CAI way up in this thread. 

But I don't want it to go to his head!  chuckles1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2014, 11:39:29 AM »
I think the Israeli Cap provenance completely trumps a mixture of transitional features.   thumb1

Only like 10,000 Izzy guns to 6 of these?   Hmmmm....    priorities jacked up beyond all recognition.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2014, 12:04:52 PM »
So here's a question for you Israeli capture fan boys (sorry couldn't resist) :)

Chinese guns obviously came straight from Chinayears match up quite well for 9 mil/12 mil date of manufacture and known Chinese aid to the PLA/Syria and whatnot

How did the Russian guns get there?  Straight from Russia?  Possibly via China?  This might spill over into dealing with the question of where the sneak Russians that came in from Albania might have actually originated from. 

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »
Im pretty sure Russia aided the living crap out of all these anti Israel states at one time or another.  Just because none of the russian skss in the US were imported from russia, dont mean the plo or Syria would have to jump through hoops.

But....  I recon they could have came from anywhere... including China.    :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:12:26 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 12:27:08 PM »
I think the Israeli Cap provenance completely trumps a mixture of transitional features.   thumb1

Only like 10,000 Izzy guns to 6 of these?   Hmmmm....    priorities jacked up beyond all recognition.

Its all about knowledge, everyone knows izzy's are rare, kind of like a 69 camaro vs a 69 covair, both rare but camaro gets all the LOVE! :P :P
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2014, 12:35:28 PM »
Apples/oranges.   

The two rifles in question are the exact same model from the exact same producer.  A comaro and a corvair are two completely dif models.   :)

Some russians sat in a cave.... some helped shape history.  Whats in your rifle?

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2014, 12:37:15 PM »
Apples/oranges.   

The two rifles in question are the exact same model from the exact same producer.  A comaro and a corvair are two completely dif models.   :)

Some russians sat in a cave.... some helped shape history.  Whats in your rifle?

But Izhevsk gets all the LOVE :P :P  rofl

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »
I think its time for some dancing bananas!
 banana time banana time banana time

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2014, 12:43:55 PM »
Of course they do.....   brain washing galore.    rofl

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »
RM,

Russia was aiding Egypt from the get-go. And actually, the only reason Syria got Chinese aid in the first place was to make Russia jealous, and push them to send aid, which they ended up doing.

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2014, 12:52:22 PM »
I have to admit these sound like badass guns, full of history! They are worth collecting for sure!

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2014, 12:54:06 PM »
Apples/oranges.   

could not agree more

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »
You guys are really not helping, I was going to show the guy this thread to get the price down!  :P

I will try to get it, to protect it from Tapco-intercoursement...
How do we feel about the missing bayonet?  rofl