Author Topic: Interesting '51 receiver cover stamp  (Read 25332 times)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Interesting '51 receiver cover stamp
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 03:59:32 AM »
something interesting found on a russian language forum

http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/85/631165.html
I guess the arrow inside the Tula star has a long history of variations and missing pieces.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 09:01:03 AM »
Not to change directions here, but didnt you guys see this in that link?   

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:22:19 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2015, 09:39:32 AM »
Yes, that's another reason why I posted the link

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2015, 10:52:32 AM »
We need a translation on these columns because there is much debate as to what the (y) and (k) actually mean.  The (k) is even found on romanian sks barrel lugs in the exact same fashion as the Russians.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 11:00:40 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2015, 11:13:04 AM »
We need a translation on these columns because there is much debate as to what the (y) and (k) actually mean.  The (k) is even found on romanian sks barrel lugs in the exact same fashion as the Russians.

Then it would seem they are not specific to any country, manufacturer (or arsenal)...just an inspectors stamp?!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2015, 11:32:12 AM »
I....  Dunno.....

There is a few of us that believe nations like romania could have relied on Russia for bsrreled receivers.   :)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2015, 11:38:41 AM »
But what stamp are you referring to?

Offline Bunker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2015, 01:45:06 PM »

Table is for Russian double-barreled shotguns....stigma and inscriptions on hunting weapons. Here's a link regarding that table and more. 

http://sportguns.ru/19/book-hunt-sport-1/stamp-shotguns.html

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2015, 03:04:48 PM »
Good link...  Importantly showing the use of two common russian barrel proofs. Still need to translate column 8 and 9 as a fact reference to these..

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2015, 03:06:41 PM »
Because all three of them are found on early chinese and the (k) is on all Romanians.

Offline Bunker

• Rifleman
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2015, 03:46:41 PM »
Good link...  Importantly showing the use of two common russian barrel proofs. Still need to translate column 8 and 9 as a fact reference to these..

A good Russian translator would certainly be extremely useful.  From the shotgun link...Columns 8, 9 and 10 of the hallmarks that are put on guns, have been tested for strength, power bagged charge nitroporoha or black, as well as accuracy and precision. 

Related to the Circle K and Y stamps from the link: Guns Model "Б" first and second editions of both plants are tested for durability by two shots - power charge from each barrel. For the production of test rifles of all calibres used smokeless gunpowder hunting, providing maximum pressure 900-1000 bar.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2015, 04:45:39 PM »
An online translator cant read a pic....

I have always wanted a Russian sources for the circle k, o, y, and n....  This appears to have two of the four.

Like on X54r.net the descriptions are vague at best. For instance, the (0) and the (k) have nearly the same definition.   bat1

I want to find out exactly what these 4 are and their differences. 

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2015, 05:08:47 PM »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2015, 05:41:45 PM »
Russian step-sister says

COLUMN 8   translates to " Checked for Quality"
Column 9   translates to   "checked for accuracy"

Offline Bunker

• Rifleman
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2015, 08:45:25 PM »

Offline Bunker

• Rifleman
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2015, 09:21:21 PM »
Russian step-sister says

COLUMN 8   translates to " Checked for Quality"
Column 9   translates to   "checked for accuracy"

Appears the various plants applied different standards independent of each other regarding these checks, and the markings for the various checks and inspections vary from plant to plant, which we pretty much already knew.  I think that is also the case with more modern Russian weapons.  So depending on the plant, the absence of a marking may be completely normal.  I wouldn't doubt if a similar table exists in some Russian book for the SKS and other post-war weapons but having such a document would probably be asking far too much.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2015, 09:31:07 PM »
Knowing they are definitely Russian, I can see why they are on early chinese becuae there is plenty of indications they were using russian barreled receivers, but the real question here is...  What is the (k) doing on the Romanian?

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2015, 09:51:36 PM »
Because all three of them are found on early chinese and the (k) is on all Romanians.

My /26\ 3 mil gun (3025478) has the circle K and the circle O stamped on each side of the barrel lug.

Offline Bunker

• Rifleman
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2015, 10:24:07 PM »
Knowing they are definitely Russian, I can see why they are on early chinese becuae there is plenty of indications they were using russian barreled receivers, but the real question here is...  What is the (k) doing on the Romanian?

Is it the same exact K marking on the Romy as the Russian?  I know in the AK world folks thought for the longest that the circle Y barrels the Romanians used were Russian based on the marking but the marking is actually not the same.  Not the greatest pic but it's the only one I had readily available...typically the Romy marking is a full circle...this one is pretty worn (Russian left, Romy right).  I guess the bigger question would be how could a Romy barrel get a Russian factory test firing proof stamp on it.  I'm certainly no expert when it comes to Romanian SKSs or their markings but just asking to get a little more informed.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2015, 10:32:31 PM »
Im not at home to take any pics... Perhaps another member can help out with the Romy (k)...   Pretty sure its exactly the same.

My explanation..   Early Chinese 1956-60, Romanian 1957-60.    Russia supplied them. All three receivers are identical as well.