Author Topic: PolyTech M14s  (Read 6527 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
PolyTech M14s
« on: August 04, 2016, 04:09:03 PM »
Lets wake this section up thumb1....Yup, I'll use a Chinese made M14, they did more than just commie rifles, it's in a walnut stock, no chu wood here. I've hankered after one for years, just because :) , this thing is a fricken beast after handling SKSs and Aks. I couldn't walk away from this one, as I got it below normal market price, it included the scope and mount, and the icing on the cake, it's almost like new, it has been fired a few times, but it has seen very little use for it's age, the bolt face still has alot of parkerizing on it. These are either loved or hated in the M14 world, rumors about issues with heat treatment on receivers and various other quirks. It's not a very common find, as not many were brought in when you compare available numbers of Aks and SKSs, and even Amercian made M14s.

This one came in pre '89 as it still sports the bayonet lug, and it even has the original cleaning rods/kit and oiler in the butt stock. It came through the importer IDE in Southfield MI, which reportedly brought in the higher grade rifles during that era, CJA at the same location(yet to prove this) usually imported Norinco made weapons, they also imported the Norinco made M14.

Please...no drooling over my muzzle brake fellas.. I know it's just so...big   rofl2

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: PolyTech M14s
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 07:34:31 PM »
Hmm, the Polytech AKs are supposed to be the bees knees. Why would they do a great job on those semi-autos but not on another semi-auto.  Seems like the average review on these Chinese M14 copies is check headspace every 500 rounds or so and examine the bolt lugs for any signs of peening. Not sure if that was the Norincos or the Polytechs...people don't seem to note the differences.  Doesn't sound like a major area of concern in any case.  Yeah, I love those long ash M14 flash hiders  8) That rifle ought to provide many hours of full power rifle cartridge paper tearing, pop can popping, steel plate pinging enjoyment  tommy1

What kind of scope?  Looks like maybe a 3-9x40 or so

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 08:10:37 PM »
 :o drool2 drool2 Yeah man Congrats! I have never even seen 1 in person. Gotta love it.  thumb1

Yeah Phos I agree man. I'm biased to the Chinese stuff myself though. As long as people insist on thinking chinese= garbage  ::) There are still some great deals on fabulous firearms to be had. ( That's how I lucked into that sweet 84S-3  thumb1)

Good stuff man, Glad for ya  :) Now that's an M14 I would love to own.
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 10:46:11 PM »
Dang it Greasemonkey   :o  that's just cooler than a Popsicle, a danged fine specimen! You are luckier than a hen-house rat Buddy, always in the right place at the right time. Good on ya for such a great snag... dance2

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 10:52:21 PM »
What does your wife think of this buying spre?     rofl

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 11:02:20 PM »

Uh...really.. bat1 well it starts with a "P" and ends with a "isssssssed" rofl2    duh... Besplode rofl2

Hippie sent me a armor plated cod piece(unworn of course) for protection thumb1 thumb1

It is a purdy thang...though  :)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 11:52:18 AM »

Uh...really.. bat1 well it starts with a "P" and ends with a "isssssssed" rofl2    duh... Besplode rofl2

Hippie sent me a armor plated cod piece(unworn of course) for protection thumb1 thumb1

It is a purdy thang...though  :)

It's either Jimmy want dis, or marital bliss  chuckles1

Online Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 07:04:38 PM »
I think that Chinese M14 is really coolkarl... I really like the rear sight adjuster. Liiks like a very simple solution to dial that thing in.. but can you use it with the scope on ? Hard to tell. Man, the more I look at that thing the more I want one  thumb1 How many mags did it come with and do they accept standard AR Mags ? You did good...  How accurate is it.. Did you test heat that thing up ?

Like an old man told me back when I was a kid. he said DC "The only one I ever lie too is my Wife"  chuckles1 He said to me ill never forget.. He said when women are mad they sleep on the side of the bed hanging there like a possum and when their in a good mood there ain't enough bed for them   :)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 01:36:14 PM »
I think that Chinese M14 is really coolkarl... I really like the rear sight adjuster. Liiks like a very simple solution to dial that thing in.. but can you use it with the scope on ? Hard to tell. Man, the more I look at that thing the more I want one  thumb1 How many mags did it come with and do they accept standard AR Mags ? You did good...  How accurate is it.. Did you test heat that thing up ?

Rear sight is pretty much a copy of the Garand, someone one told me it is calibrated in meters, not yards. You can use the rear sight, it is a peep through scope mount, how high up you can take it, I haven't tried, and seems rather uncomfortable cause you really got to get your face down low to use it. It came with the one magazine, it is a surplus GI mag marked BRW or Borg Warner, so the mag is not matching, a Chinese mag would have no markings and would be a very light grey color. No AR mags don't fit it, it's an M14, only manly M14 mags fit it, according to this, you can convert M14 mags to fit an AR10, but once done, the mag cant go back.
http://www.fulton-armory.com/%5Cfaqs%5CM14-FAQs%5CM14Mags.htm

And, sadly no, I ain't heated it up. cry1

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 10:52:31 PM »
And, sadly no, I ain't heated it up. cry1

Not to worry GM, I'll drop by on my way to the range Wednesday and pick it up to test fire it for you  ;) ...oh, you can come along if you like!  rofl

Offline SubCaliber

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 06:39:26 PM »
Nice Rifle!   thumb1   Any descendant of the Garand is good in my book.