Author Topic: Jungle Stock  (Read 856 times)

Offline shotout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Jungle Stock
« on: April 24, 2023, 09:40:40 AM »
I recently purchased a TGI import triangle 26 -- 3 million serial number-- SKS in a Jungle Stock with a wood handguard. I thought something looked odd then I realized there was no crossbolt. I removed the stock last night and all I saw was a large raised  --18-- on both halves. The stock is for a spike bayo and has the two hole sling swivel on the bottom of the stock. Anybody seen any of these?

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: Jungle Stock
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 10:33:00 AM »
Can't see anything, no pics. :P :)) :))

Seriously, if you could post a few pics of it that would help immensely.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 10:35:01 AM »
 Does it have a hole for the cross bolt?  PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 10:59:22 AM »
On another note, I wonder if the stock is for a pinned barrel and the cross-bolt was removed to allow the threaded barrel action to fit down in all the way. If that is the case, and your SKS has the blade bayonet on it still, finding the correct stock for the rifle would be what I would do. The other option, if you want the cross-bolt in place, is to grind off about 1/8" from the rear flat side of the bolt (that is exposed inside the stock) until the action will sit down in the stock all the way.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 02:08:01 PM »
I recently purchased a TGI import triangle 26 -- 3 million serial number-- SKS in a Jungle Stock with a wood handguard. I thought something looked odd then I realized there was no crossbolt. I removed the stock last night and all I saw was a large raised  --18-- on both halves. The stock is for a spike bayo and has the two hole sling swivel on the bottom of the stock. Anybody seen any of these?

I have both types of stocks if needed, blade & spike long lug. PM if interested, PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline shotout

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2023, 06:27:08 PM »
Here are some photos---  The clean 18 side, right side, is where I cleaned off the crud. the long lug barrel with blade bayonet seemed to fit in there pretty good. It was not loose, but what was keeping it tight is up for speculation.Thank you for the stock offering. I am O.K. on stocks.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 06:42:54 PM by shotout »

Offline shotout

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2023, 06:30:05 PM »

Offline shotout

• Cadet
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2023, 06:33:38 PM »

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2023, 06:42:56 PM »
Nice and clean looking at least.

Is the action otherwise correct for the year and complete?

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2023, 06:44:17 PM »
Looks like it may have been left uncompleted pending the action to be utilized, long lug, short lug, or pinned. I've never encountered a critter like that. PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2023, 06:46:19 PM »
D'uh! Boy I need more coffee or something. Totally missed that there IS NO hole for the cross-bolt.

Offline shotout

• Cadet
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2023, 11:12:01 PM »
I believe this stock is unfinished because there are no steel inserts for the butt plate and sling swivel.

Offline shotout

• Cadet
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2023, 08:12:45 PM »
How about a photo with the butt plate off showing the screw holes. Any inserts or just fiber and glass for threads? My turn to ask for photos.  :)

Offline shotout

• Cadet
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2023, 11:02:37 AM »
Well, no photos?

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2023, 11:34:08 AM »
Dang, sorry shotout. I didn't see this until now and just sold my only SKS that had a Jungle stock2 days ago. I do recall it had inserts for the butt plate and the screws were machine screws instead of the coarse wood screw type, but I have no idea what exactly they looked like.