Author Topic: Armalite AR-7 Israeli Pilot's Survival Rifle  (Read 5655 times)

Online MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rifleman
Armalite AR-7 Israeli Pilot's Survival Rifle
« on: June 05, 2017, 09:37:38 PM »
Another neat one.......... These rifles are essentially Armalite AR-7s, but were sold to Israel  in the late 1960's and were used by their air force as survival rifles. These were imported by Bricklee Trading Co. in 1994. only about 200 were ever imported into the country. Apparently there were handful of parts kits that were imported also, minus the receiver. This piece is all Israeli, indicated by several Hebrew stampings on the receiver and elsewhere on the rifle. Also, as you may notice, there is no Armalite inscription on the right side of the receiver. This is another indication that it is 100% Israeli, as they sanitized the markings, and only left the Armalite inscription on the barrel.The Israeli's added the wire sliding stock, the FAL pistol grip, the k98k mauser front site, and cut the barrel down to 13.5 inches. When they where imported back into The USA a 3 in  muzzle brake was welded back on to get them back over 16". They originally came with 2 more mags a mag storage clip on the wire stock and an uzi sling....

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Armalite AR-7 Israeli Pilot's Survival Rifle
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 10:10:21 PM »
Neat....looks like a less refined version of the Henry AR-7...I would guess Henry acquired the licensing and rights to produce a copy or variations of it in modern times.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 08:18:31 AM »
Very neat indeed!  Didnt Charter Arms at one time or another sell a "survival rifle" similar to the Henry version?  Which came first, the Charter or the Henry version?  I have the Henry "survial rifle".

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 08:49:53 AM »
cool, never saw or heard of them. thanks for sharing.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Online MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 10:41:31 AM »
Very neat indeed!  Didnt Charter Arms at one time or another sell a "survival rifle" similar to the Henry version?  Which came first, the Charter or the Henry version?  I have the Henry "survial rifle".

Yes charter arms bought the design from Armalite and has since been passed on to Henry.......

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 10:59:46 AM »
Very cool thumb1

Although if I was an Israeli pilot considering where I might crash land or parachute outside of Israel, I'd want an AK and extra water, not a .22 for hunting small game.

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 12:28:54 PM »

Yes charter arms bought the design from Armalite and has since been passed on to Henry.......

Thanks!   thumb1