Author Topic: New Camo Para  (Read 812 times)

Offline fchaus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
  • The Dude Abides
New Camo Para
« on: April 29, 2022, 04:20:12 PM »
Just picked up my new aquisitions from the FFL. A new Paratrooper and 2 Norinco's sold as unissued still in the boxes. Got these from a friends fathers estate. I'm assuming the Para is a K-sports , it looks like the ones in the guide but doesnt say k-sports and has a little swirl on the stock. Did they ever make a Camo version or did someone down the line do this to it? The receiver looks to be from the /106\ factory and is in the 1.6 million range.

Craig H

Offline lowell66dart

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
Re: New Camo Para
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 05:30:21 PM »
My two Ksports say that where your Ram logo is but that doesn’t mean anything. I have not seen your rifle style before. Very cool. The experts will be along soon.
I have to grow old but I don't have to grow up...

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 05:56:58 PM »
I would bet dollars to donuts that that /106\ para is a CJA import originally brought in with a wooden stock.  /106\ were either Navy Arms or CJA and that ain't a Navy Arms gun. thumb1

The ramline stock likely started out life looking like this:

and was custom camo painted.

The K-Sports green stocks have a knurled surface up under the handguard and the handguard itself is far different.

(photo courtesy of FC via the 'other' boards from *waaaay* back in 2011! chuckles1)

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 12:10:28 AM »
Ram Line had a few variants of the camo stock.
I have been searching for the whiteish camo handguard for a couple years...
It awaits a practically, if not new stock....and my willingness to install it upon a gun.  At this point the best it will get is a cheesegrater.
At least I live where it snows sometimes. :)

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 10:57:33 PM »
JH, you think that one is a factory Ramline stock?  I never realized they made them in green camo, much less alpine camo!!!!  Now I’m curious!  rofl

Online Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 11:15:25 PM »
If thats not factory camo I wouldn't change it clap1 Very cool congrats on your new Infantry tool : )

Offline fchaus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 04:15:16 PM »
OMG, that squiggle is a rams head, I totally see it now. LOL. When I first saw the camo I was line WTH? But now the more I look at it the more I like it. It's done very well, no crazy over spray or anything and the receiver was removed before it was done (thank God). It was always meant to be a shooter anyway and for what little I paid for it I'm feeling pretty good about it. Thanks for all the input.
Craig H