Author Topic: if reliable would you rather ,,,  (Read 2534 times)

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
if reliable would you rather ,,,
« on: March 02, 2021, 08:46:08 PM »
if this is reliable , would you rather sink the same dough into this or a 10/22 , personally , i know the 10/22 has a long time cult following , never personally understood why and i like Ruger , but if this thing is legit it would be so much better than a 10/22 IMHO , also given Classic is generally higher than some i bet it could be found a tad better price wise , and it carries the Mauser logo soooooooo,,,,,,,,

https://www.classicfirearms.com/gsg-mauser-semi-automatic-ak-47-style-22-lr-rifle-4070024/
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
Re: if reliable would you rather ,,,
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 10:50:44 PM »
Interesting.

If reliable, it would certainly be a really cool range toy. I'd need to know price and availability of extra mags and possibly spare parts before committing.
10/22's are a nice rifle, with tons of aftermarket goodies to be had, but this definitely intrigues me.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 09:19:37 PM by Larry D. »
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 06:25:03 AM »
agreed , your points were taken into question about the rifle in the original post by someone else on another forum regarding mag availability and part availability 

i should clarify my statement about the 10/22 ,i do understand that part of the attraction to the 10/22 is its aftermarket parts selection ,and the versatility because of the aftermarket parts selection to do allot with customizing ,what i do not understand the willingness to dump the amount of money people do customizing what i would consider a average performing 22LR rifle

there are guys that have 1k wrapped up in one ,no matter how cool you make it after investing $800 -$1000 including the cost of the rifle , its always going to be a average performing ,albeit reliable 22LR rifle

case in point , take a bare bones 10/22 and give it the same features as close as possible to the Mauser AK 22LR , i would bet the amount of money to do so would be considerably higher than Classics traditionally higher mark up price they have listed

a $1,000 puts you seated very well at the table of multiple competition grade .22LR rifles to choose from that are way better than a 10/22 in a pokadotted dress
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 09:46:34 PM »
I hear what you're saying, Hoo.
I know a couple of guys that have a lot more invested into the aftermarket stuff than they have into the rifle. That's not really my thing.

The AK type 22 would, for me anyway, just be a really cool toy. OK, maybe a really REALLY cool toy.
In the end, 22's are a small game getter and a cheap to shoot plinker for this old redneck.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 10:37:42 PM »
Personally.. for a plinking range toy, I might consider it. I have a 10/22  :-[ as well, pretty much stock...another toy you could say..... but, I'm not gonna throw a pile of $$$$ at it to make it shoot good...  why throw money in a money pit like a 10/22 or a blowback Ak22 when I also have true target rifles like a Kimber 82, a H&R M12 and a Russian CM-2. I also have a weakness for old Mossbergs, Cz's and Norinco rimfires.. all of which are usually in the same price range and just as or more accurate than the baby Ak or stock 10/22.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 03:31:17 AM »
i agree GM ,and dont get me wrong the 10/22 is a decent rifle , i just personally feel they cost more than what they should for what they are ,and i see people put a pile of dough into them and i just sit there and think "what"?

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 09:42:16 AM »
i agree GM ,and dont get me wrong the 10/22 is a decent rifle , i just personally feel they cost more than what they should for what they are ,and i see people put a pile of dough into them and i just sit there and think "what"?

They are the AR of .22 rifles
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 10:16:36 AM »

They are the AR of .22 rifles
yup , my buddy has a S&W for his daughter

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 11:52:09 AM »
I have a Ruger take down in .22LR, https://ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/specSheets/11125.html. I has extra 25 round mags (4 or 5?) all tucked nicely in a carry bag. I picked it up at a gun show for around 400.00 several years ago. It is a tried and true platform. I will go with Ruger ...
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 12:14:24 PM »
I have a Ruger take down in .22LR, https://ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/specSheets/11125.html. I has extra 25 round mags (4 or 5?) all tucked nicely in a carry bag. I picked it up at a gun show for around 400.00 several years ago. It is a tried and true platform. I will go with Ruger ...

I have a friend who had one of those and put a Tapco take-down stock on it then had me put my folding adapter on it as well.

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 08:16:40 PM »
you're really not an AK guy anyways though so thats not that surprising though

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 11:51:19 AM »
you're really not an AK guy anyways though so thats not that surprising though
You are correct. I'm not an AK guy. My 1st "real" pistol was a Ruger 357 Blackhawk. I loved that pistol. Apparently, so did someone I never met.
Teddy R.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 12:32:10 PM »
For giggles,  chuckles1  I'd probably go with the Ak in .22..trade off the 10/22 for it..... think1 why not: I have a Polish Mosin trainer in .22, an Enfield in .22, a Luger in .22, a M1 Carbine in .22, 5 Mausers in .22(Norinco TU-KKW, Norinco TU 33/40, MAS 45, BRNO Type 2 and an actual German KKW),  and even a Glock in .22 and a 1911 .22 conversion... so the .22 Ak would kinda blend right in. I've even been trying to get my hands on a Vz.61 Skorpion .22lr conversion, CzechPoint gets them in very low numbers at random times.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 12:43:56 PM by Greasemonkey »

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 01:54:12 PM »
For giggles,  chuckles1  I'd probably go with the Ak in .22..trade off the 10/22 for it..... think1 why not: I have a Polish Mosin trainer in .22, an Enfield in .22, a Luger in .22, a M1 Carbine in .22, 5 Mausers in .22(Norinco TU-KKW, Norinco TU 33/40, MAS 45, BRNO Type 2 and an actual German KKW),  and even a Glock in .22 and a 1911 .22 conversion... so the .22 Ak would kinda blend right in. I've even been trying to get my hands on a Vz.61 Skorpion .22lr conversion, CzechPoint gets them in very low numbers at random times.

WHAT? No AR in .22??

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 02:20:23 PM »

WHAT? No AR in .22??
I do have a AR 15 - 22 insert that works fine. CMMG I think. I also have a AR15 style in 22mag. Works better.
Teddy R.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2021, 02:21:46 PM »

WHAT? No AR in .22??

I don't own an AR...PERIOD!!  thumb1

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2021, 05:02:30 AM »

WHAT? No AR in .22??

I don't own an AR...PERIOD!!  thumb1

Yep!  Only AR I had was the one I sold without ever firing it.

firstchoice

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2021, 11:10:52 AM »
Laugh,  three guys in a row (me included) w/o an AR.  What are the odds of finding that on a gun forum?!?  read1 OK1

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2021, 11:14:02 AM »
Make it 4 in a row, I don't own one anymore either, and yes, I never fired the last ones I had. Only have a Ruger American Ranch in 5.56

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2021, 11:27:21 AM »
I had one once, fired 3 shots.. I was offered more than I gave for it.. BYE Felicia!!!  whew1  cured the buyers remorse with a CzechPoint Vz.58.  Only things in 5.56/.223 I have is a Mini-14..or Miserable-14 and a Cz527.