Author Topic: Russian SKS-45 Picture Thread!  (Read 4186 times)

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Russian SKS-45 Picture Thread!
« on: May 26, 2016, 06:36:28 PM »
Hey everyone!

We have hundreds of members so at least a few hundred or perhaps a couple thousand SKSs in our combined collections. Nothing better than pictures of firearms!  :o Well, not quite true, but it's still pretty great!  :))

So "From Russia with Love", post the first Russian СКС-45 that caught your fancy, your favorite, your entire collection, one at a time.  Limit this to about 10 pics or less.

As always, don't hesitate to post a detailed story, analysis and as many pictures as you care to of an SKS in its very own thread

To kick this off, here's my first Russian, a pretty little matching '51 Tula!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:58:29 PM by Phosphorus32 »

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Russian SKS-45 Picture Thread!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 10:57:32 PM »
My first Russian (and the only one), and in the beginning it was a mystery as to what it actually is with the 1953 Tula cover and Izhevsk stock! With all the research running-man has done he is fairly certain now that it is indeed a 1953 Tula (thank you running-man!). It came to me without the original magazine and is sporting an extra Chinese mag we had put away. I have also dressed it up with a cleaning rod. All other metal parts are matching, of course the stock and hand guard are force matched. The barrel and gas tube have been sprayed with what appears to be black paint while the receiver and cover are coated with the yucky  sick1  BBQ.

The bore is in very good condition and is accurate out to 200 yards, the furthest I have fired it. With black box wolf I can put the entire ten rounds in center mass of an E type silhouette target. Not bad for a 62 year old Russian I believe, or the 62 year old fart squeezing the trigger!

I believe it to have possibly been through refurb at least twice during its "career" as it has the Nizhyn stamp to the immediate left of the S/N and part of a triangle stamp to the left of that...Liski MAYBE?! There are no refurb markings on the receiver cover.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:12:41 PM by Dannyboy53 »

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 03:15:47 PM »
The bore is in very good condition and is accurate out to 200 yards, the furthest I have fired it. With black box wolf I can put the entire ten rounds in center mass of an E type silhouette target. Not bad for a 62 year old Russian I believe, or the 62 year old fart squeezing the trigger!

rofl  Nice shooting Danny!  Russians are beauties and that's no exception, regardless of a bit of refurbishment.  thumb1

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 12:33:32 PM »
A couple of teaser pics for the thread. Here's my heavy refurb BBQ'd Baby....My First....the 1 that popped my SKS cherry and to this day still my favorite. I've put around 2000 rounds through her and nary a hicup. Lots of transitional parts and that spring loaded FP has held up very well. I could go on but I love this 1 so much its gonna get its on thread, but we all know I'm slow as molasses when it comes to posting so.....

Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 07:53:15 PM »
Since there is one lurking in the Chinese section, I'll wedge this one here, technically, it fits either Chinese or Russian catergories  :) thumb1  Don't dispute the star  chuckles1

And in case that one don't classify.. 2 more real bonafide Russians, yeah, I actually own two. ::) :)

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 08:48:25 PM »
Yeah man, Sweet! thumb1 Just being shown the bolt on that sino....I'd say russian all day long. ( I've got a ghost I could say the same about as well)

I've always liked the BBQ'd 1's, their just another line of the history. (+ their all "tactical"and stuff  rofl j/k) doesn't hurt that my 1st was a BBQ and that baby has slept with me many a night  ;)
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 09:21:46 PM »
Ok I couldn't pick just one so here is a pic of the every year as issued collection.

“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 09:43:59 PM »
You guys have some beautiful carbines,  clap1  that line-up you have Carbine is awesome!