Author Topic: Arsenal Component Conf. Postings - 0138 Examples  (Read 3749 times)

Offline Bunker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Arsenal Component Conf. Postings - 0138 Examples
« on: October 07, 2015, 03:16:43 AM »
Edited this post a few times but here are a few 0138 examples for reference.  Not sure whether you have these ones already, so please delete if these are duplicated somewhere else. The first example looked like 0158 to me but it's 0138...had to triple check with my old eyes. I found a better pic of the marking I had archived and it's 0138. Do you just want members to add pics/info/references to each thread and you'll chop it or did you have some specific method in mind?  Posted outside of the thread just in case. I would think only the best example would remain in each thread but you will likely get inundated with material, especially the more common ones.

Credit MrKrink:

Just saw this 0138 example recently - Credit Betonfahrer

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:50:42 AM by Bunker »

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Arsenal Component Conf. Postings - 0138 Examples
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 07:25:19 AM »
Thanks for the photos Bunker. I know for certain I have the second set of photos, but I'm not sure of the first. When I save my photos, I don't ever save the username of the one who posted them.  It's time consuming enough to categorize and organize everything w/o that info!   pullhair1

Obviously the GB photos are watermarked, as are many by some of the posters with large collections out there. I generally put a blanket fair use statement at the bottom of FAQ and stickied posts, and will scrub the SN in both the photos and filenames to help protect privacy just a bit.  I intend to do something like that here as well. Additionally, it's nice to have everything in similar form factors (ie 800x640) or the same size to make the photos flow well in the post. It's still very much a work in progress, but we will see how things pan out.  Contributions from membership is the only way we will get good examples of gold standard guns though...

I very much appreciate the help!  thumb1. [0138] span many many years and there are all sorts of different configs that came out of this factory. It'll be. It will be nice to see how the progressions truly go, I've got a good inkling, but no hard lookup tables to document it all!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 01:30:47 AM »
bump

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 11:46:27 AM »
[0138] Threaded barrel
Barrel Lug: Short lug threaded - Barrel shows machine marks
Battle Sight on RSL: 3
Bayonet Type: Spike
Bayonet Lug: Late Non-Cut
Bolt Carrier: Late Non-Cut
Gas Tube:  Late 2 Piece
Gas Block: Cast
Receiver Cover Takedown: Normal
Rear Sight Block: Cast
Serial Number Format: 7604773C
S/N on Components: All parts have seem to have machine EP'ed serials, last 5 digits...no numbers are stamped except the receiver and stock.
S/N on Stock:  Last 5 digits
Stock Swivel: Side
Trigger Group Type: Stamped

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 01:09:28 PM by Greasemonkey »
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem