Author Topic: Ruger LC9 with Viridian green laser $299  (Read 4661 times)

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
Ruger LC9 with Viridian green laser $299
« on: March 11, 2015, 03:41:17 PM »
Is this a deal I pass on or run and get it now? Buds has them for $415 plus shipping and FFL fee which is another $40 minimum. So $455 at least total. If I got this deal I would just have to drive there 25 miles and pay $19 in sales tax so $319 total. Seems like a no brainer if it's a gun I want.

Hoffman's Gun Center- Sales & Specials

I have a CW9 now and I like it and was about to buy a holster for it so I can carry it more. That said it's a tad big for a light carry or pocket gun and I have a SR45 for when I feel like carrying something big. The CW9 was also supposed to be for my wife but she has yet to shoot it. She says it's comfortable for her to hold but I can see that a slightly smaller gun would fit her fine too. She does find the slide on the Kahr a little hard to rack. I have no clue if the LC9 would be any easier. If I buy the LC9 the budget says I have to sell the CW9.
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: Ruger LC9 with Viridian green laser $299
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 05:03:15 PM »
Yeah, for the price. I prefer the M&P shield's over the LC9s though myself.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 04:56:16 PM »
Not gonna do it. Decided I really wanted something smaller and the LCP .380 wasn't doing it for me either.
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 10:31:35 PM »
I have an LCP with the viridian laser as my every day carry, and I love it :)

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 09:35:15 AM »
It's a good gun and Ruger stands behind their products. From what I read the LCP feeds well with pretty much any ammo which can't be said of most small .380's. I ended up getting the Kahr cw380 just the other day but haven't fired it yet. One ammo choice I wanted was the Leheigh Defense with extreme penetrator bullet but they don't recommend it for the Kahr p380 or cw380 because of the steepness and slight offset alignment of the feed ramp on those guns.

On the video on the Leheigh Defense web site the p380 fed just fine but they said it did have a couple of feed issues that weren't on camera. I read somewhere else that someone sanded the sharp corners of the bullets just a tad and they fed 100%. That might decrease the wounding ability of the bullet though, not sure. They didn't test the LCP but I'm betting it would feed fine. I'm probably going to get some and see how it goes in my cw380 because the tests I've seen on this bullet are impressive.

http://www.lehighdefense.com/pages/xtreme-penetrator

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 10:44:40 AM »
It's a good gun and Ruger stands behind their products. From what I read the LCP feeds well with pretty much any ammo which can't be said of most small .380's. I ended up getting the Kahr cw380 just the other day but haven't fired it yet. One ammo choice I wanted was the Leheigh Defense with extreme penetrator bullet but they don't recommend it for the Kahr p380 or cw380 because of the steepness and slight offset alignment of the feed ramp on those guns.

On the video on the Leheigh Defense web site the p380 fed just fine but they said it did have a couple of feed issues that weren't on camera. I read somewhere else that someone sanded the sharp corners of the bullets just a tad and they fed 100%. That might decrease the wounding ability of the bullet though, not sure. They didn't test the LCP but I'm betting it would feed fine. I'm probably going to get some and see how it goes in my cw380 because the tests I've seen on this bullet are impressive.

http://www.lehighdefense.com/pages/xtreme-penetrator

My LCP feeds round nose target no problem. I bought some of that Winchester Train and Defend (training) ammo, which has a solid flat nose, and the LCP didn't like it, however it fires the actual hollow points just fine. I think the T&D training rounds are way too broad and flat for a short ramp compact.