Author Topic: MY MIND WON'T STOP...  (Read 3495 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
MY MIND WON'T STOP...
« on: June 26, 2017, 10:31:30 AM »
If/when I get the replacement wood for the "not-soon-enough-to-be-mine" Alby, I've got this in mind for my next project. Parafizing a Chinese barreled receiver build, and swap out the refinished Alby furniture. I'm going to try using a 2" annular cutter and just the sight portion of the FSB, like my K-Sport Hunter Para. I was introduced to this recently and thought it looked pretty cool, very "made-that-way" in appearance, but I plan on not having the rod guides or bayo lug. The donor rifle for the build was a Para (???), and I've been trying to acquire it. If it do, then I'll leave the FSB alone. I've got an extra unnumbered Alby bolt to compliment the package. PAX

The parts built gun.

You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: MY MIND WON'T STOP...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 11:04:57 AM »
That's going to look really nice Pax. Very Mannlicher-esqe for certain!  RM approves!  thumb1

One question, who gets the gas tube from the Alby?  Std. Chinese tubes need quite a bit of work to get an Alby handguard to fit.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:51:38 AM »
That's going to look really nice Pax. Very Mannlicher-esqe for certain!  RM approves!  thumb1

One question, who gets the gas tube from the Alby?  Std. Chinese tubes need quite a bit of work to get an Alby handguard to fit.

The weakest link in the whole shee-bang. I have a couple extra gas tubes, but I'm really not wanting to mess with those. I'll do the Para chop first, then the furniture mod as the right parts present themselves. The only Bubbafizing done will be on the parts built action. To me, the Alby stuff is just to rare and hard to come by, to do something irreversible. I only kill 10 kittens a year  ::) PAX 
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 12:54:33 PM »
To me, the Alby stuff is just to rare and hard to come by, to do something irreversible. 

You're a good man PAX!   thumb1

If I see an orphan alby gas tube out there, you'll be the first to hear about it!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 05:48:30 PM »
So...  Your going to relocate the stock ferrule further forward to accommodate the alby stock?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 10:26:00 PM »
So...  Your going to relocate the stock ferrule further forward to accommodate the alby stock?

Yes, there'll need to be some fab work bone, and I haven't even begin to guess how well a pinned barrel fits in Alby furniture. Once I get the "spare" Alby wood, then I'll at least take some stuff apart and see what I'm up against. PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline John Galt

• Jack of all trades…Master of none!
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 07:42:00 PM »
I really like the look of your project and will patiently wait and watch for updates.  Will you post pics of the build?
When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
Rudyard Kipling  1919