Author Topic: Demilitarised SKS.  (Read 3105 times)

Offline walnutlover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Demilitarised SKS.
« on: June 02, 2017, 12:45:21 AM »
Hi from NZ. Is anyone passionate about Civilianising the SKS? I am using plain gas tubes, laminated, epoxy bedded Jarrah thumbhole stocks, removing iron sights, steel bridge mounts etc. And reloading with LEAD bullets and steel(free) gas checks. Also reloading steel cases. Anyone else keen???S. Auckland NZ.
I could post pics but not sure how on this site.
S.

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Demilitarised SKS.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 08:15:06 AM »
hi S and welcome. good to have you here. I'm more of a stock (original  :o) guy, but  whatever makes you happy is just fine in my book.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 08:25:14 AM »
Hi S and welcome to the site also.  To be able to post pics to the site, you must use a pic hosting site to do so.  Please see this info on posting pics here:  http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=87.0

Online Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 10:11:43 AM »
Welcome from Montana!
Nice to see a Kiwi around :)

I tend to lean to original, but enjoy playing around with them a bit from time to time....I would be very interested to see what you are doing.

Do you happen to ever see Piers Dev thumbhole stocks down there?  We call them Aussie thumbholes....and so far, the only one I have ever seen stateside is mine.  It desperately needs a new buttpad.  I have never had a chance to chat with someone from the southern hemisphere, and considering how 'close' you guys are...I thought perhaps Australian aftermarket stuff might have made it your way. :) There being so little info on Piers Dev on the web, I assume they didn't last very long....probably briefly in the 90s....unless Jarrah took up the reigns, are those wood or composite?