Author Topic: So. Texas gun show  (Read 1071 times)

Offline ArkSlim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
So. Texas gun show
« on: January 11, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »
Went to the gun show here in the Rio Grande Valley today and thought I would pass on some misc. information . Mainly looking at SKS's . There was 9 various SKS's ranging in price from $400.00 to $875.00. They were all chinese and ranged from bubbaed ones with plastic stocks to 3 very clean ones . There was one 16in.  bbl and one with a thum hole stock. Two has blade and the rest were spike bayonnets and one with none. If I were more knowledable could be more specific but was just looking and price checking.Thought I would let you know what is available here in so. tex.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
Re: So. Texas gun show
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 10:09:20 PM »
875?!?

They were mighty proud of that one.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 03:02:31 AM »
875?!?

They were mighty proud of that one.

It was probably the one with the thumbhole stock, which was a Chinese commercial AK-magazine conversion, like the Sporter, the 63, the 93, or the NR. All were issued with the thumbhole stock and most are running in the $600.00+ range on Gunbroker and likely higher. Gun show sales prices can vary wildly. We've seen SKS-30's sell on Gunbroker for $1000.00-$1300.00. And I'm sure the Seller was mighty proud!

Thanks for the info ArkSlim. I wish we had more SKS' here in our area. Most of them are at the local gun shows which are usually way overpriced and for a long time featured mostly bubba'd models. The collector value finally started catching on and now we see more of the as-issued. But they're priced accordingly. I like hearing about the great "friend" buys or "this old guy had a gun" buys, but they tend to sting a bit when all I see are these crazytime prices.

firstchoice

Offline ArkSlim

• Cadet
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 07:10:54 AM »
Thanks' Guess all the old friends or this old guy are always some other place because I have never run across one. But glad to hear that some do! :))

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 09:46:33 AM »
thanks for sharing Slim. seem to still be a few vendors for  sale on gundeals.com if your interested (like gander outdoors, if you have one near by).
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!