Author Topic: COWBOY COMPANION  (Read 391 times)

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
COWBOY COMPANION
« on: September 09, 2023, 06:05:13 PM »
Hi Commercial SKS Junkies,

Finally got around to getting a few pictures of my Cowboy Companion I've had for some time (6 years ???). Kinda strange tale on how it came to be mine. I bought the mag and stock first as parts, then later traded a home-grown Paratrooper for the rest of the rifle. Luckily, I had a T89 mount and Redstar scope in my stash and was able to assemble this complete CC, I swapped out the Redstar for a Leapers 4X (to save the Redstar from mishap). It's on the top of my list for favorite Paratrooper (one of my favorites anyway). The stock came with a CAPCO slip-on/screw-on recoil pad. I added a black naval sling and the Blackhawk cheek rest. I canted the rest to the left to accommodate the mount off-set of the barrel's centerline. The whole works is BOSS. Doesn't appear to have been run much and is scrubbed of numbers except the serial. PAX
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 07:44:33 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: COWBOY COMPANION
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 11:19:58 AM »
Nice one PAX.  Did the stock and mag actually come originally from this gun in that you had a buddy that partially parted it out, then sometime later traded you the rest of the carbine?  Nice save if so!  thumb1

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Re: COWBOY COMPANION
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 12:38:44 PM »
Nice one PAX.  Did the stock and mag actually come originally from this gun in that you had a buddy that partially parted it out, then sometime later traded you the rest of the carbine?  Nice save if so!  thumb1

Yes, it's the complete rifle. The fella who had it (total stranger) responded to a WTB I had on Calguns and sold me the mag & stock. Why he parted out a complete rifle was beyond me. I think the mount base bugged him. A couple weeks later he called me and asked if I was interested in trading one of my home-made Paras straight across for the rest of the rifle. Trying not to bite my tongue I blurted out "sure". He had seen some of my handy work when we met. So in exchange for a SARCO built Para (total mix-master from Lkermits stash I got) with a P50 sight in Choate conventional furniture I scored hard  8).

On a side note, while I was at the LGS doing the transfer for the CC, I saw a Lux FN49 in the rack. I asked the owner, Joe, if he'd be up for a trade for some SKS fodder (he knows I'm an SKS junkie). He said 3 nice ones would do it. I'll be back tomorrow I says, hold the FN. He took a Yugo 59/66, a commercial Chinamen, and another home-grown Para in trade  :). He was asking $2400 for the Lux. I think between the 2 rifles it was a couple of the best gun deals I ever had  thankyou1. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798