Author Topic: Fixing an arsenal stock fix.  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Shoot The Refurbs

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
Re: Fixing an arsenal stock fix.
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2020, 08:59:18 PM »
Well,nothing is quite as bad as a M4 handguard on a AKM. chuckles1

Okay, I take it back rofl rofl rofl

Offline auskip07

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2020, 07:24:33 AM »
while taking out the trash this morning i noticed the epoxy had hardened so it was time to drill.
ill run a wire brush down the firing pin hole and then ill oil assemble and dry fire it.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2020, 09:12:46 AM »
nice work on the stock, looks 101% better then before. -------> what you do after lunch?
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline auskip07

• Rifleman
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2020, 09:33:05 AM »
nice work on the stock, looks 101% better then before. -------> what you do after lunch?

Thanks Carl,   I guess ill have to get back on my computer and earn my pay for my day time job.     I work as an Architect  and my client is Amazon.  I work on the big distribution facilities.   

working from home right now makes it easy to take a "smoke break"  and work on my gun projects.

Offline Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2020, 11:20:26 AM »
Much better.Good job.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Offline auskip07

• Rifleman
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2020, 11:57:25 AM »
Ok  decided to take lunch and finish this up.   Pics below and a question  Next weekend ill start roasting the the cosmoline out of the PSA project

Does the Receiver latch look upside down?    If you guys see anything strange point it out. 

Offline auskip07

• Rifleman
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2020, 11:59:50 AM »

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 01:36:20 PM »
Does the Receiver latch look upside down?    If you guys see anything strange point it out. 

Looks great.

So the receiver cover takedown latch changed in mid 1967 (somewhere around S/N 12,270,000) from the 'standard' lever to the 'inverted' takedown lever. 

Nothing unusual about your gun at all.  Most matching stocks have a cutout for the inverted lever with the early few having very poorly done cuts which seem to almost be an afterthought.  You stock doesn't have the cut because it is an unnumbered beech Albanian replacement stock.

Offline auskip07

• Rifleman
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2020, 01:59:12 PM »
Looks great.

So the receiver cover takedown latch changed in mid 1967 (somewhere around S/N 12,270,000) from the 'standard' lever to the 'inverted' takedown lever. 

Nothing unusual about your gun at all.  Most matching stocks have a cutout for the inverted lever with the early few having very poorly done cuts which seem to almost be an afterthought.  You stock doesn't have the cut because it is an unnumbered beech Albanian replacement stock.

Thanks for the info!  if it starts flipping up during a range time ill see what modification i can do to it.