Author Topic: Shipping a Pistol  (Read 4891 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Shipping a Pistol
« on: September 17, 2016, 04:06:48 PM »
Hows it work?  From what I understand, it has to go Fedex or UPS...  I'm used to just shipping rifles and via usps.  Does it have to go by air?  Any special foms to fill out when using Fedex or UPS?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Re: Shipping a Pistol
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 05:29:54 PM »
I found this link that may help, but I was thinking that while long guns didn't have to ship to and FFL, a pistol did. But I could be completely wrong.

http://www.nraba.org/graphics/Benefits/RevisedServiceMatrix(2).pdf   --- FedX

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html   --- UPS

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 05:41:18 PM »
Ahh...  See

No fedex ground.  Good links...  Thanks!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline xtriggerman

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 09:51:07 PM »
I just went round & round with the same thing since I needed to ship 3 handguns to an out of state dealer. ALL the dealers I talked to (3) either would no way do it or insisted on UPS next day air....$$$$$$$$$$$.
 Well, What I found out is it definitely has to go 01 FFL dealer to dealer (C&R FFL not acceptable) but you can in fact ship handguns via USPS as long as you have the dealer fill out a PS form 1508 and give it to the PO clerk to file. I happen to send the handguns Express Mail that was about $80 cheaper than UPS. When I was with the PO clerk doing this, I asked if they could ship these hand guns via Priority Mail and she said they can but they "prefer" sending handguns Express. The problem comes in trying to tell a dealer what I just told you. They are fixed in their ways and here I am with my hat in my hand..... I had to grease the wheels a bit heavy to git her done!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 11:39:44 PM »
Gotcha... thanks for the info.    I wound up having my ffl send it usps for 40$