Author Topic: Cowboy Companion  (Read 1986 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Cowboy Companion
« on: February 19, 2020, 08:32:59 PM »
Hi Dudes,

I'm in the works for scoring on a stockless and scopeless Cowboy Companion. Both of those items I have on the shelf  dance2.

I never thought I'd be able to afford a legit CC, as they're usually $pendy. Are they apt to be found non matching or scrubbed?

Ducats haven't changed hands yet, but a wink and a nod and it's a done deal.
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: Cowboy Companion
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 07:45:05 AM »
The one you're going to purchase has the Navy Arms import stamp, neutered bayo lug w/spring detent for cleaning rod, and the Type 89 scope mount? If so, and you already have the Type 89 scope mount and the unmarked stock with the cut-out for the scope mount, you're pretty much there. What scope are you going to use on it? I've seen the Polytech 2.5x18 scope and the BZM-1 scopes mounted on them. I've also seen the 4x Red Star scopes on them, as well. But I'm not sure they were ever actually issued from Navy Arms that way.

I have the Navy Arms Sharpshooter with the Type 89 scope mount, Polytech 2.5x18 scope, rubber eye reliefs, and the transit case for the scope and mount. I see the rifles around quite a bit but the Type 89 mounts are fairly rare and pricey when you do find them. Congrats on getting the whole package together!

firstchoice

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 01:35:04 PM »
The one you're going to purchase has the Navy Arms import stamp, neutered bayo lug w/spring detent for cleaning rod, and the Type 89 scope mount? If so, and you already have the Type 89 scope mount and the unmarked stock with the cut-out for the scope mount, you're pretty much there. What scope are you going to use on it? I've seen the Polytech 2.5x18 scope and the BZM-1 scopes mounted on them. I've also seen the 4x Red Star scopes on them, as well. But I'm not sure they were ever actually issued from Navy Arms that way.

I have the Navy Arms Sharpshooter with the Type 89 scope mount, Polytech 2.5x18 scope, rubber eye reliefs, and the transit case for the scope and mount. I see the rifles around quite a bit but the Type 89 mounts are fairly rare and pricey when you do find them. Congrats on getting the whole package together!

firstchoice

Additionally, the wood has the bayo slot cleanly filled in, looks factory. I've got a Red Star 2.5X18, Leapers 4X & 6X. I'm not sure if I'm going to built it correct, and let it be a hanger queen or not. PAX
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 01:45:51 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 06:01:48 PM »
Was this something you were looking for, or did you sorta stumble across it?
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 07:02:19 PM »
Was this something you were looking for, or did you sorta stumble across it?

Sorta stumbled across it. I bought the furniture and cleaning rod from it off the owner, who happen to mention that he was wanting to cut a standard  SKS to Para length. He already had the CC???? Why??? Anyway it's mine for dirt, not having the cleaning rod & stock  ;) PAX
  You need a crew