Author Topic: SKS-93 (Thumbhole trifecta achieved!)  (Read 3527 times)

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
SKS-93 (Thumbhole trifecta achieved!)
« on: October 02, 2016, 03:48:50 PM »
I acquired another model on my quest for commercial and detatchable goodness. Had been looking for an SKS-93 or SKS-NR. Both are the same rifle, just two different importers. And they are brothers to the SKS-M and late model Sporter. All 4 models are the same action in different stocks.

There were a few guys in our local 7.62 club that actually have NRs, and I had been trying to get someone to let one go. One of those guys also had a 93, and I struck up a deal for it that we both were happy with, so I picked it up this morning.

The SKS-93 is also much less common than it's NR brother. Xxxsksjoe only has recorded about 130 rifles worth of serials for this model....and mine fits right in the middle too.

What's even more special, is that I now have the "thumbhole trifecta"....  all three different thumbhole stocks. The Sporter stock, with it's flat benchrest forend and black textured handgrip area, the SKS-63/early NR stock which is similar to the Sporter stock but with no black grip area and a more angled grip, and the SKS-93/late NR stock, with no black grip area and a standard military SKS type foregrip.

The meeting to pick this gun up this morning also worked out well for a trip to the range, as it was on the way back and I already had other customer guns I needed to test out there. It was pretty busy so I was only able to get a 25 yard stall, but the 93 still showed it's accuracy potential....

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
Re: SKS-93 (Thumbhole trifecta achieved!)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 12:52:39 AM »
Nice. You have all three of versions of the thumbhole stock and it even shoots straight.

thumb1...............Joe
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 05:47:36 PM by XXXSKS »
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 02:20:41 AM »
Very nice, PS! Does that complete your Chinese AK-magazine conversion collection now? If I remember correctly, you've already got the Type 84, the "D", the "M", the Sporter, the "63", and now the "93"! The only others I can think of are the MC-5D and the NR? And you may already have those? You need to take a group pic some time!  drool2 

firstchoice

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 08:55:30 PM »
Very nice, PS! Does that complete your Chinese AK-magazine conversion collection now? If I remember correctly, you've already got the Type 84, the "D", the "M", the Sporter, the "63", and now the "93"! The only others I can think of are the MC-5D and the NR? And you may already have those? You need to take a group pic some time!  drool2 

firstchoice

Well, not really. For example, I have a Sporter, but there's 3 different versions of Sporter. I have the 93 now, and even though it's the same gun as the NR, the NR is still a different model. I have an MC-5D, but I actually sold my SKS-M a while back when I needed money, so I don't have a regular M right now. I don't have a KS-30. I don't have a Midwest Ordnance.

So really, to have the full list of AK mag SKSs, I would still need:

SKS-NR
SKS-M
KS-30
88 Sporter (same thing as a KS-30)
Late Sporter (sold it a while back when I picked up the 89)
Midwest Ordnance

What I currently have is:

SKS-30 (SKS-D)
MC-5D
NA Type 84 Assault Rifle
SKS-63
SKS-93
89 Sporter

While I would like to have them all some day, I do actually have all the production bases covered.

The SKS-M, late Sporter, NR, and 93 are all the short gas system AK guns. They are the same action in different stocks.

The 88 Sporter, 89 Sporter, and KS-30 are the stubby front sight block AK guns.

The SKS-D and SKS-63 are the new production AK guns, both built in 88.

Then you have the re-arsenaled conversions, like the MC-5D, NA 84, and MO.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:36:25 PM »
Nice!    Another M.... Or is that a Dee?   😵

How many Ms you have now anyhow?   :))

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Boris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 03:46:07 PM »
I need a 93 stock. If you run across one please let me know.
Thanks  Bruce