Author Topic: VZ2008  (Read 5667 times)

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
VZ2008
« on: August 17, 2016, 10:14:15 PM »
Picked this up tonight.... Century VZ2008. Wasn't looking for one, but one of the guys in our local 7.62 club needed money for some medical issues so I figured I could help him out. Pretty neat gun, I must admit. American made version of the VZ58 (see Greasemonkey's great stickies). The Czechs answer to not adopting the AK. I'm really not an AK fan to begin with, but I do work on a lot of them so it was interesting to compare. Solid milled receiver, yet lighter than an AK. The magazines are amazing. They are aluminum and weigh literally nothing. They lock in and release so much nicer than an AK. I've never had a gun with a folder before, and I admit it's pretty neat. This gun has the Fab Defense grip and foreguards. The grip is very comfy. The foreguard is not super comfortable, but my understanding is the stock bakelite ones get very hot, and the Fab Defense solves that. Has an upgraded compensator on it. Supposedly these rifles have little to no recoil. I'll probably head to the range soon, so I'll find out :)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: VZ2008
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 11:06:16 PM »
I warned him, I did, I tried to steer him away..... I says...PS don't man, please don't, you will regret it, it will blow up in your paws, you'll put your eye out, don't even look at it, I mean what good is a pawless, one googly eyed gunsmith, full of past regrets....just list it up and sell it.. done..right, NOPE... nea1   Then I tried, the mags are made of Reynolds aluminum foil, the receiver is machined pot metal/plastic and weaker than a wooden match, the barrel has both left and right hand rifling, and you chase the hand guard into the next county cause it blows off when fired. It kicks like a 20mm, and weights 11 pounds loaded and uses a sling made from recalled Volkswagon diesel seatbelts, and don't be surprised if when you fire it the bullet falls out of the grip in to your shoe.

Does he listen nea1 he been all like rubbing on that thing like it's, I don't know, Kate Upton.. poor fella done gone and got the googly eyes and happy pants..

The "Enabler" got another, reverse psychology at it bestest.. rofl2 rofl2 chuckles1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 12:25:47 AM »
Nice!  thumb1 Looks like the same CNC Warrior muzzle brake that I've got on mine. They're sweet shooters.

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 09:24:15 AM »
What did it set you back? Just curious what they are going for on the market today.  Did you get the original beaver barf furniture with it? I love mine, and they are a joy to shoot. Enjoy tommy1

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 10:12:27 AM »
Man I sure screwed up not getting a VZ2008 when PSA was blowing them out the door for $399 a while back. I corrected my CZ82 mistake for not much extra $, but i dont think  I'll ever touch one of these near that price ever again. cry1

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 11:19:47 AM »
Man I sure screwed up not getting a VZ2008 when PSA was blowing them out the door for $399 a while back. I corrected my CZ82 mistake for not much extra $, but i dont think  I'll ever touch one of these near that price ever again. cry1
All I have seen for sale lately are bringing $550-750, and that is locally and on gunbroker. Don't feel bad RM I picked up 3 of them from PSA.  rofl I need to take some pictures of the three in there different configurations. 1 - beaver barf w/folding stock, 1 - beaver barf w/fixed stock, 1 - wood fixed stock.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 12:14:56 PM »
You can still find them, there is one semi-local with all 5 mags and included accessories for 550. Not great, but, it's not overly bad, about where an Ak or entry AR starts. I think the low prices were to move them along given they were not popular with the high cap crowd, it's not an Ak and Ak stuff don't fit it. Alot of that has to do with the Ak market and the low buck AR tupperware stuff, Aks are cheaper, mags a dime a dozen, Aks and ARs both have metric crap tons of accessories and parts, plus people had WASR canted sight and gorilla slapped together CAI flashbacks and questioned the barrel quality and or lack of chrome.

I've seen about a dozen or so sell for 650 with one or two mags, a little more searching you'll usually find the mags being sold separate for 25/30 plus per. Magazines are the key to these, without haunting retailers who usually don't sell them any longer, getting any amount of magazines included is a bonus. CzechPoint USA sells them, but they run about 30ish something, more for low cap converted mags. GM HINT of the day:  :) currently Sarco sells and stocks'em  19 bucks per  http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/czechvz-58magazine.aspx

Also finding someone who is not out to buttrape the common person and break up the package for every red cent is the problem.

I need to take some pictures of the three in there different configurations. 1 - beaver barf w/folding stock, 1 - beaver barf w/fixed stock, 1 - wood fixed stock.
Your one behind the curve, you one more variant... the black polymer fixed stock  thumb1  https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/fixed-stock-complete-black-polymer?l=4

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 12:54:35 PM »
I need to take some pictures of the three in there different configurations. 1 - beaver barf w/folding stock, 1 - beaver barf w/fixed stock, 1 - wood fixed stock.
Your one behind the curve, you one more variant... the black polymer fixed stock  thumb1  https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/fixed-stock-complete-black-polymer?l=4
I'm not much a fan of the black polymer fixed stock look.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 03:40:42 PM »
You can buy this exact rifle, with the fab defense furniture, for 749 at Atlantic arms, with one mag. Apparently they were about 400 when they first came out. Let's just say I paid somewhere in the middle, lol. Not a smoking deal, but not bad either.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 10:09:04 PM »
This really is a very well designed rifle. You could almost say it's a cross between an AK and an SKS. Much less complex than an AK. The bolt hold open button is really nice.... you need a Yugo magazine for an AK to hold open and even then it closes when you pull the mag. I like that they also designed it to be loaded from the top with SKS stripper clips. Probably the only design "flaw" would be venting the gasses into the handguard area.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 10:17:23 PM »
Yup....hook, line and sinker..  :)  thumb1 

Now, to the range big fella :)