Author Topic: HiCal just admitted they copied my design !!!  (Read 27107 times)

Offline 1mlt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Re: HiCal just admitted they copied my design !!!
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 01:44:13 PM »

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1237621-New-SKS-AR-Magwell-Adapter-ready-for-sale-on-Website/page13

Post some 'polite' comments guys. Don't go in guns blazing. Keep it professional and clean please.

Thanks
Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline scarymike23

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 03:32:41 PM »
Yeah, to put it diplomatically a lot of the people on that thread don't cast the best light on their country and fellow Canadians. The lack of concern for ethics they've displayed is pathetic.

Offline CrazySquid

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2015, 08:48:15 PM »
Im Cdn and sad to say I agree :(

I think Cdns are so desperate for rifle and sks mags that can legally hold more than 5 rds, that they are willing to turn a blind eye to ethics...

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 09:09:51 PM »
Im Cdn and sad to say I agree :(

I think Cdns are so desperate for rifle and sks mags that can legally hold more than 5 rds, that they are willing to turn a blind eye to ethics...

CS, then why didn't HiCal simply call us and work out mutual agreement so we both benefit, instead of stealing?

I will never buy anything from them or perhaps any Canadian concern again.

Stay tuned guys, we have a game plan that will blow them out of the water. Details as soon as they are worked out. It will be fun, I promise. We don't get mad, we get even and then some !!!

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline CrazySquid

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »
Not sure what u think Marcus, but Im in agreement with you.
I have no affiliation with Hical so I cant speak for them
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:29:42 AM by CrazySquid »

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2015, 08:36:15 AM »
Wow, amazing, in reading some of those posts those crazy Canadians actually seem to believe it's better to be Canadian. No wonder you can't reason with them Marcus, they are clearly delusional. So when do we invade? I would think it would be an easy victory with our 30 & 40 rd + mags vs. their 5 rd mags.

OK, I am being sarcastic, I don't have anything against Canada or it's people as a whole. I do think it's pretty low though, these guys stealing Marcus's design and the low life scum supporting that theft make me ill.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:30:13 AM by Carl in CT »
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2015, 11:50:08 AM »
We do have an 'invasion plan' though. Stay tuned for details.

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2015, 12:44:57 PM »
Well...I am closer to the border than many of you guys....pre invasion party at my house y'all?

I always wanted a Russian SKS and an SVT. :)

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2015, 02:43:06 PM »
Well...I am closer to the border than many of you guys....pre invasion party at my house y'all?

I always wanted a Russian SKS and an SVT. :)

Oh yeah SVT!!! To the victors go the spoils!!!!
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2015, 06:14:15 PM »
Sooo...  Two dif guys are making on in CA now?

Found Marcus's buddy.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2015, 11:37:26 AM »
OK guys, go to that video link (above) and post away. Be polite and professional please.

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Shotz90s

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2015, 02:27:57 PM »
You can always leave one here too. Gotta politely help a brother out.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2015, 03:46:23 PM »
Sooo..  with this CA knockoff you have to cut the front of the trigger group off, and dremel grind the inside of receiver and on the bolt hold open?   :o

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Shotz90s

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2015, 04:05:29 PM »
Seems so much simpler and less destructive than the TX Original doesn't it?

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2015, 06:22:56 PM »
Sooo..  with this CA knockoff you have to cut the front of the trigger group off, and dremel grind the inside of receiver and on the bolt hold open?   :o

Yes, but you have to trim the trigger tangs anyway. Only way the square spine on the AR mag can clear. The 'standard' SKS mag spine is very narrow to clear between the tangs. We modify the mags so you don't need to cut the BHO or the feed ramps. In Canada, it's illegal to mod the mags. So they HAVE to mod the rifle. I honestly have no issues with modifying the rifle. Why woud you want to go back to 10 rounds in original configuration? Or, get the G3 or G5 and use modified Tapco and Promags. The up side in the USA if you mod the rifle is ANY 7.62 x 39 AR mag will run. Any capacity, any size. And the mags (ours or the unmodified ones) will run in both platforms. We are currently developing a 'ambi' left side mag release as well.

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2015, 03:10:50 AM »

That must be to avoid infringement issues...or just stumbling blocks along the way of reinventing the wheel?

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2015, 10:17:21 AM »

That must be to avoid infringement issues...or just stumbling blocks along the way of reinventing the wheel?

Actually, it's the only way Canadians can use the AR pistol mag in the rifle. Since they can't mod the mag legally, they must mod the rifle to use the unmodified mag.
Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2015, 11:38:40 AM »

Actually, it's the only way Canadians can use the AR pistol mag in the rifle. Since they can't mod the mag legally, they must mod the rifle to use the unmodified mag.
Marcus

So is that how they are saying their adapter is different, because you have to hack up the gun more due to moronic Canadian govt. regs?

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2015, 12:15:00 PM »

Marcus

So is that how they are saying their adapter is different, because you have to hack up the gun more due to moronic Canadian govt. regs?

No, they are just flat NOT telling you the truth. It IS our adapter, plain and simple with the dished out bottom. They 'copied' it down to the .001th of an inch. Dave admitted to me on the phone he had one of mine. Then he tells me he gave it to his guys and said "make me one of these". All they did was makes a new side plate that says Canada, cut out the bottom of the adapter. He claims, that the design HAS to be similar or it won't run. DUH, NS Sherlock. You don't need a law degree from Harvard to see the copy job. You also don't need an engineering degree from MIT to see it either.

And I still hate THIEVES, period. Our 3 1/2 years of R&D, thousands of dollars to perfect it, and they just take it and claim they developed it in Canada. Why, because they can. And, I promise you guys, they have no history with the potential issues they will run into. If you watch the video, he doesn't mention anything about trimming the the front locking tab or the longer screw that binds on the mag catch. Because all rifles are somewhat different, the install is VERY CRITICAL. You can't just throw it on in 5 mins as he shows in the video.

Marcus

Marcs
Teddy R.

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2015, 01:02:58 PM »
Yup, I was kind of thinking that there really can't be too many ways to make one of those so any of them have to be pretty much the same. He is stealing your idea, design and R&D time/money, the filthy scum. I hope he has nightmares and refund demands once his customers start calling him with installation problems. Hopefully he never even gets that far.