Author Topic: M1-Carbine Rifle, at Classic  (Read 4798 times)

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
M1-Carbine Rifle, at Classic
« on: November 09, 2016, 09:13:06 AM »
I am sure many others have received this email from Classic. But get them boys for the low low price of $1499.99  :o

https://www.classicfirearms.com/m1carbine

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: M1-Carbine Rifle, at Classic
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 10:27:18 AM »
They've been releasing various odds and ends for well over a month, even had some über priced VZ52s.  Nothing surprises me with these guys anymore, nor does it surprise me that they actually sell everything they advertise at the prices they advertise at!    Just goes to show you the sad state of C&R retail out there.  The supply has dried up, anything that's 'new' or different gets snapped up almost irregardless of the price. 

I suspect (but don't quote me on this) that much of this new cache that they are selling are remnants from the Samco bankruptcy.  Century got it and I bet they let their best retailers have them at some pretty high wholesale prices.  Maybe not, but sure seems to fit the bill.  One of these days I'm going to have to compare the smattering of S/N's I've seen on Classic's offerings with the master list from the Samco bankruptcy sale..  thumb1
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:02:25 PM by running-man »

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 05:27:17 PM »

I suspect (but don't quote me on this) that much of this new cache that they are selling are remnants from the Samco bankruptcy.  Century got it and I bet they let their best retailers have them at some pretty high wholesale prices.  Maybe not, but sure seems to fit the bill.  One of these days I'm going to have to compare the smattering of S/N's I've seen on Classic's offerings with the master list from the Samco bankruptcy sale..  thumb1

I'd say you have a 98% chance of bring correct RM...except for the M39s, of course, which came from Pat Burns.

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 06:28:01 AM »
Sold out in a very short time, even at $500 overpriced.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 10:01:36 PM »
I thought Century won the Samco lot...  Guess classic is getting this stuff fron Century?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.