Author Topic: What would you do with an Empty SKS Crate???  (Read 17439 times)

Offline CuSks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
What would you do with an Empty SKS Crate???
« on: September 23, 2016, 09:35:00 PM »
Well I found a private dealer locally (within 3 hours) that has a stash of empty SKS and Mosin crates.  I’m guessing that the SKS crates are Yugo’s but I forgot to inquire about that or the dimensions.  He did say that the crates were 5 rifles across and that the piece for the second row usually got thrown away.  I did some research and if they are Yugo crates they are probably 46”x21”x13”.  He’s asking very little and I can probably fit two in my car….if I am lucky.

Can anyone confirm the dimensions?  If not, I'll ask him when I call him tomorrow.  I’m thinking about turning one into a display case; maybe like this but I’m not sure yet. Thoughts?

If I pick one up this weekend, I'll post up a few pictures.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: What would you do with an Empty SKS Crate???
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 09:55:10 PM »
I have never seen anyone having a Russian, Romanian, Albanian, or Chinese crate.  I have no idea why this may be other then they weren't imported in crates? 

I have however seen yugo crates floating around over the years, and recent imports of yugos made it possible for several board members here to obtain one. 

SKhiSm 59-66A1 jumped on the chance to pick up quite a few as was selling them.  He even got some of the Slovenian Honor Guard crates.   

http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=1513.0

http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=1623.0

I have one of each.  I have the standard crate loaded with several sks, bunch of ammo, a milled Yugo AK underfolder, mags, and some other SHTF stuff.  I call it my SHTF Box.   rofl  the HG crate is standing vertical on its end with several sks stored in the corner of my bedroom.   dance2

Let me go measure the standard yugo crate.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:19:33 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 10:01:08 PM »
Those measurements are pretty close. It can be +/- and inch depending where you measure from because the outside has slats.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline CuSks

• Cadet
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 10:44:41 PM »
COOL...thanks man!  The dealer stated that he is not willing to ship them; I can probably fit two in my car MAX.  I'll ask him if I can get pics of the Mosin crates. I'm pretty sure he won't mind; he really sounded like he wanted them gone.  CHEAP....

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 10:49:12 PM »
COOL...thanks man!  The dealer stated that he is not willing to ship them; I can probably fit two in my car MAX.  I'll ask him if I can get pics of the Mosin crates. I'm pretty sure he won't mind; he really sounded like he wanted them gone.  CHEAP....

Mosin crates are longer but not as tall, and I think they are fairly easy to obtain compared to the sks crates. 

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 10:54:25 PM »

Offline CuSks

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 11:10:29 PM »
That is cool as snot!!!!  Thank you!

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 08:30:15 AM »
Where are these crates and how much for one please?

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline CuSks

• Cadet
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 10:27:45 AM »

Marcus

Tiny little town in the middle of SC. He's asking $5 for ammo crates, $15 for Sks crates and $35 for mosin crates.  He states that he will not ship.  I can let you know more tomorrow.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 10:32:04 AM »
SC means he got them from Classiy Arms.....  Free.

Offline CuSks

• Cadet
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 10:56:53 AM »

Possibly, he's a dealer. I contacted Classic  the other day; they told me that they did not sell crates to the public.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 10:57:15 AM »
Nice ! That looks cool in the living room  :)  Id like to have another one. Cant remember if mine is Honor Guard or just plain Yugo  crate.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 11:10:49 AM »

Possibly, he's a dealer. I contacted Classic  the other day; they told me that they did not sell crates to the public.

If he is a dealer, then thats how he received them.  Classic didn't sell them... They were free.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 11:11:59 AM »
DC...  Thats an HG Slovenian crate.

Offline CuSks

• Cadet
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 11:20:34 AM »
Quote from: Loose}{Cannon
If he is a dealer, then thats how he received them.  Classic didn't sell them... They were free.

So they were giving  them away in general or only to dealers?  Are they still doing that? Classic  is quite a bit closer to me than this guy.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 11:34:04 AM »

So they were giving  them away in general or only to dealers?  Are they still doing that? Classic  is quite a bit closer to me than this guy.

About a year ago Classic sent out a email flyer advertising free crates as many as you can take by appointment.

Offline CuSks

• Cadet
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 12:05:25 PM »

About a year ago Classic sent out a email flyer advertising free crates as many as you can take by appointment.

Gotcha.  I don't  think they are doing that right now or I think they would have mentioned it.

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 04:23:04 PM »

Marcus

Tiny little town in the middle of SC. He's asking $5 for ammo crates, $15 for Sks crates and $35 for mosin crates.  He states that he will not ship.  I can let you know more tomorrow.
[/quote

I wonder what it would cost to ship one to Houston, Texas? If it was reasonable, would you get me one? Thanks

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 06:06:09 PM »

Marcus

[/quote

I wonder what it would cost to ship one to Houston, Texas? If it was reasonable, would you get me one? Thanks

Marcus

Plus 1 Marcus but I dont think we stand that chance. What a wonderful way to store 10 guns away though..

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 07:56:47 PM »
I'm sure every1 here would love to get their hands on 1 or..3  rofl I know I would. From the fellas that managed to get some shipped I think it was on the pricey side, but worth it I'm sure.

CuSks, If I were you brother....I would start begging a buddy to borrow a truck or talk some1 with a truck into 1. Heck at that price offer to buy him 1. OR...even rent a youhaul or something. Course I'm a full-on addict and would use having a bunch of crates as an excuse to just have to fill 'em up  rofl Matter o fact...I'm probably only about 6 hours away or so...... chuckles1
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.