Author Topic: Excel Arms 22WMR Accelerator  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Excel Arms 22WMR Accelerator
« on: September 29, 2018, 10:02:06 PM »
Weird name.. cool looking, yet fun pistol  thumb1 Another.....it's a toy... from the local auction.. it's big, it's heavy, has a huge grip.. so I instantly loved it when I fondled it, it's made from some kind of fancy stainless steel, high strength corrosion resistant 17-4.. ok, so it won't rust and maybe I cant break it. The 22WMR is not know for it's joy of being used in a semiauto, or for it's accuracy like a .22lr...but, today I shoved a box of CCI Maximag and some Hornady V-Max through it, it never skipped a beat, and within the range I was at, it left neat little .22 caliber holes in everything. I need some more time, but, I think there is something to work with accracy wise here.. Through the years, these pistols were also made in 5.7 FN and 17HMR as well, 2 more fairly accurate rounds.

Ok..back to the size.. the barrel is 8 1/2 inch long and .875 in dia with a target style crown. Total weight is on my scale 54 ounces. Does it feel it in your hands, no, this big girl wears her weight exceptionally well, and balances almost perfect. There is just enough muzzle weight to offset the minuscule muzzle flip you would get when it's fired. Another thing, which I guess...is a California thing, it holds 9 rounds.....guess 10 is 1 too many, as to what I've seen, it's the only semiauto 22wmr handgun legal there. Also the fit and finish is better than I expected, it's not loose or rattly like some cheaper handguns can be.

See... it is big when given something to compare against..it's large...especially considering it's just a .22 :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 10:16:03 PM by Greasemonkey »
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Excel Arms 22WMR Accelerator
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 07:29:55 AM »
Holy cow, that is s big boy!  :o

Makes the Desert Eagle look like a compact Glock  rofl

Interesting design with that grip placed forward, I imagine to help with balance.

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Excel Arms 22WMR Accelerator
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 09:17:01 AM »
beauty! lot of gun for a 22.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!