Author Topic: Finding nearby SKS 'expert'  (Read 6837 times)

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Finding nearby SKS 'expert'
« on: July 01, 2018, 10:42:56 AM »
Need help locating and meeting with a very knowledgeable SKS collectors in the Palm Springs, San Bernardino CA area. I currently own 14 SKS's  (with a few more to add) & would like to a get P2P and local 1,2,3 or grouptogether to share info on our SKS's. :)

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Re: Finding nearby SKS 'expert'
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 08:32:03 PM »
Wish I lived in that corner of the US...I also have 14. It would be pretty sweet to hang out with 28 :)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 10:53:07 PM »
Sorry, I’m about 1070 miles north of San Bernardino  :))

My 34 SKSs and I are a bit closer to JH

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 01:19:53 PM »
I'll keep checking! Just picked up 2 more. My FFL asked (jokingly) if I'm starting a militia!

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 05:49:17 AM »
Well, I'm up to 36 very nice SKS's!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 08:59:46 AM »

22 more SKSs in 2.5 months  :o I think you’ve got the fever  rofl

Gonna share some pictures of some more of them?  thumb1 :)

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 08:14:41 PM »

Sounds like I need a better job...makes my 14 seem like nothing...I would have to get rid of the Mosins, shottys and 22s to be able to keep those in my bedroom without removing the movie screen.  chuckles1

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 03:50:48 PM »
Been scratchin' the itch ever since I grabbed my first one back in '68. I've filed (and backed t up to thumb drive) pics on my phone by last three numbers for Chinese and last four for Russians.
Q: recommended consistent way (besides "my sks") to title the subject line for pics for future reference?

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 03:50:57 AM »
I'm in Kali, but too far from you for any hobnobery, and not that knowledgeable.
I'm up to 35. I'd be over 40 but a Winchester Garand, a Vinny FN49, and some other pieces of iron jumped in front of me.
And I traded off a couple for an SVT40 a while back. PAX
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 03:56:23 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 02:28:09 AM »
I'd like to get my mitts on a nice SVT-40 & would sacrifice a couple of my or buy SKS's. Just scored my 56th yesterday. I'm learning as I go. This group is the most helpful AND knowledgeable I've come across so I'll be around to share what I can. Check out the posts on the 9186 arsenal beauty. 

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 03:09:07 PM »
I'd like to get my mitts on a nice SVT-40 & would sacrifice a couple of my or buy SKS's. Just scored my 56th yesterday. I'm learning as I go. This group is the most helpful AND knowledgeable I've come across so I'll be around to share what I can. Check out the posts on the 9186 arsenal beauty.

I'm right there with you in a search for an SVT-40. They've gotten rather scarce and pricey. At $1200 to get a mismatched beat up example these days it would probably take 3-4 common SKSs to land one.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 08:46:55 PM »
Im in the Sacramento area and want to see pics of your wood pile stack of sks's. Now I know where there all going  chuckles1 I want to see that 53 Izzy too : ) You must have at least one of those by now out of 56.. Dang thats allot of SkS ..

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 09:46:34 PM »

I'm right there with you in a search for an SVT-40. They've gotten rather scarce and pricey. At $1200 to get a mismatched beat up example these days it would probably take 3-4 common SKSs to land one.

I can show you mine P32.. maybe enable you a little, give you that little extra push, it's even a Finnish capture. :)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 02:59:27 AM »
Orange County show coming up. Mebbe a decent one at a decent price....

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 01:43:05 PM »

I traded of 2 mismatched mongrel dog SKSs (one of which I later bought back  8)), and 2 Big 5 91/30 Mosins for a matching '41 Tula. The mag was an SVT38 though. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 04:22:49 AM »
Good score! I should be so lucky.

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2018, 02:54:42 PM »
Good score! I should be so lucky.

I was helping my FFL Bud watch his table at a show in Lodi a couple years ago. He had the SVT listed at $1300, a Winchester Grand at $1400, and other stuff. Both out of my pay grade. He wasn't getting any bites on either. At the end of the show I through out my offer on the SVT and he took it  :o. Came with a sling and a ton of spare parts too. I got the M1 this year  :). PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 07:38:49 AM »

I can show you mine P32.. maybe enable you a little, give you that little extra push, it's even a Finnish capture. :)

Okay, the push worked  :)) Expensive weekend. I expect with Christmas shipping burdens it’ll be next year before I see it.

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 07:15:19 AM »
Wow, 42 in 5 months. I thought I had an addiction I'm not even close to that. Although I have bought several other style rifles. I wish someone would've told me these were so addictive. P.S. If they start SKS Anonymous I'm not going to a meeting unless they sell/ trade SKS's.

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 08:03:48 AM »
I wish someone would've told me these were so addictive. P.S. If they start SKS Anonymous I'm not going to a meeting unless they sell/ trade SKS's.

Ahem.

In case you haven't  noticed, this IS sks anonymous.

BYO coffee and donuts.