General Milsurp Weapons > Milsurp Hand Guns & Sub Guns

Papered M20 Tokarev pistol

(1/2) > >>

Phosphorus32:
I picked up this M20 off of Gunbroker a few weeks ago. It's my first papered Vietnam bring-back firearm. I feel about 10x more knowledgeable about authentic papers after looking at this first set up close. Upon a glance, they are obviously authentic. The holster noted in the paperwork was not included.

The paperwork came in the Official Records envelope and included: two copies of a DD 603, one of which had his signature signing the pistol over to another soldier (deceased in the US this century), one copy of a DD 603-1, a group photo of SSGT Paul (cropped image of Paul shown), and one Temporary Export License. Paul, who originally obtained the pistol, is still alive based on my internet searching, so his Service Number (SSN) and last name on the paperwork have been redacted. Paul apparently gave it to James (101st Airborne) a few weeks before leaving RVN. Paul was with the 88th Transportation Company, 1st Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division.

It's certainly got plenty of jungle patina but is in better shape than it appeared in the listing pictures after cleaning with 30W oil. I'm very, very happy with it. Mismatched magazine but all of the other numbers match. Bore is beautiful, gauges at .301". Interior bluing is excellent and it operates perfectly based only on a non-firing mechanical function check.

Bob_The_Student:
Sa-weeeeet! This is way better than the one I just saw posted on GBoards, which I would love to have, but this one P32 is damn purty! Nice pick-up!!

Phosphorus32:

--- Quote from: Bob_The_Student on July 01, 2021, 08:32:11 PM ---Sa-weeeeet! This is way better than the one I just saw posted on GBoards, which I would love to have, but this one P32 is damn purty! Nice pick-up!!

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot Bob! I was so happy to finally add a firearm with papers to the collection, and being an M20 was a big bonus.

Bacarnal:
Nice one, Jon.  Another of one of my, "I wish I still had" was a papered Hungarian Tok.  Sold it and four others to a boss at a time it didn't fit my collection.  Great find you have!!! thumb1

Phosphorus32:

--- Quote from: Bacarnal on July 01, 2021, 09:50:31 PM ---Nice one, Jon.  Another of one of my, "I wish I still had" was a papered Hungarian Tok.  Sold it and four others to a boss at a time it didn't fit my collection.  Great find you have!!! thumb1

--- End quote ---

Thanks  thumb1

Wow, a papered 48.M That's one the average collector is likely to see...never  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version