Author Topic: When was the Navy Arms Assault Carbine Type 84 imported?  (Read 20070 times)

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
Re: When was the Navy Arms Type 84 imported?
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2016, 11:12:57 PM »
Joe, do you have the 88, 89, and 90 Navy Arms full catalogs? If so, does this rifle appear in them at all?

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2016, 06:48:50 AM »
Joe, do you have the 88, 89, and 90 Navy Arms full catalogs? If so, does this rifle appear in them at all?

Two rifles were never in the catalog.

The Assault Carbine Type 84.

And

The Precision Degree Rifle.

8)................Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2016, 04:11:59 PM »
So, when they hit the shelves some "collector" said "this will be here by known as a Type 84 from this day forth", which opens another can-o-worms, how did they know it would even be a collectible, they were surrounded by them everywhere, in crates at shows, along with masses of "D"s, "M"s, SKSS and Sporters. Usually in my experience, a specific type of weapon doesn't become collectible until it vanishes from the market, and then the demand overwhelms the supply, making them more sought after and prices rise. Kind of like the Vz2008, the PSLs, Saiga shotguns, M76 Yugos of recent years. When these were widely available and everywhere, you couldn't give one to some people, now they try to mortgage their house and pay through the nose for one.

OK lets talk about this. I turn your attention to the teaser ad were it states "Limited Supply". 

The only issue (3-10-1989) showing the N.A. Assault Carbine/Type 84 is also the last issue showing the D.I.G Detachable 20 SKS. The Detachable 20' SKS was advertised for over a year by D.I.G, China Sports and various dealers. The D sales are winding down at this point in time. My estimation based on hi and low serial numbers puts the total at 25k rifles give or take for just over one year of advertising.

Navy Arms imported and sold 400 Precision Degree rifles about this same time. With only one ad. I will post it as soon as I can find it.
**Correction. they were advertised for a five month run in Shotgun News from 11-1989 to 3-1990. XXXSKS.**

This point in time is also three years (92) before the SKSS and four years (93) before the M's and Sporters. We are not swimming in AK mag rifles in 1989.

I agree a rifle becomes collectable when it vanishes from the market. Navy Arms never advertised this rifle again. It vanished from the market with only one ad. I have always speculated there was only 400 of these rifles imported give or take. The rifle became a collectable because of it's unique configuration and limited quantity.

8).................................Joe

Correction added.
 8).........................................Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................