Author Topic: Sks owner from Italy  (Read 6074 times)

Offline Mr_Pike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Sks owner from Italy
« on: September 01, 2017, 06:06:02 PM »
Hi everybody!
I'm Fabio, I live in northern Italy and I'm a proud owner of two SKSs.
First one I've bought was a 1953 Russian Tula-made, all-matching and brand new; the last one I purchased is an almost unique (at least here in Europe), 1978 Albanian Tipi 56-1, used and abused, all matching except from gas tube (which is a Chinese one) and trigger group (chinese too)... its buttplate is bent and it's all covered in scratches and dents... probably it saw a lot of action!

I'll post a few photos of the Albanian one in its section, maybe someone can also help me to find its missing accessories :))

Other than SKSs, I also own some other Combloc/Chicom guns as well as civilian ones: a 1939 Tula Mosin-Nagant 91/30, a Norinco 1897 Trench-gun replica, a Norinco Type 84s AK and a Romanian G AKM, a Beretta 35 and a double-barrel shotgun (which I had from my Grandad) and a 9mm Glock 17.

I hope to learn a lot from this forum!!

Greetings from Italy!

Fabio

how do you upload a photo

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
Re: Sks owner from Italy
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 06:11:48 PM »
Welcome to the sks-files Fabio!  Glad to have you here!

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 07:14:00 PM »
hi Fabio and welcome. good to have you here. good looking sks's.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 07:23:13 PM »
Welcome from Washington State wine country!  Glad to have you here!

Nice collection. Looking forward to a full spread on your SKSs and others, as you choose to share them  thumb1

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 08:22:11 PM »
Fabio, welcome to the boards. We are glad to have you!  You definitely have some nice looking SKSs there. Do you have a favorite among all your firearms?

Offline John Galt

• Jack of all trades…Master of none!
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 09:59:55 AM »
Welcome to the Files!  Great pic and love the sks's.  What kind of wood is that in the background? 
When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
Rudyard Kipling  1919

Offline wvsks

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 10:11:07 AM »
Those are nice looking rifles you have there man.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 03:34:26 PM »
   Welcome to the Files, Fabio!  thumb1

Looking forward to pics and info about your collection! I'll wait to ask about your Albanian SKS until whenever you post it up in the Alby section. And, also looking forward to hearing about and seeing the Chinese Type 84S! Always nice to see the Chinese AK variants!

firstchoice

Offline Mr_Pike

• Newber
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 06:13:13 PM »
Fabio, welcome to the boards. We are glad to have you!  You definitely have some nice looking SKSs there. Do you have a favorite among all your firearms?

well, the Russian SKS has been the first firearm I've bought all by myself, and gives me satisfactions every time I take it to the range... so I think it's my favorite one  ;)

Offline Mr_Pike

• Newber
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 06:23:43 PM »
   Welcome to the Files, Fabio!  thumb1

Looking forward to pics and info about your collection! I'll wait to ask about your Albanian SKS until whenever you post it up in the Alby section. And, also looking forward to hearing about and seeing the Chinese Type 84S! Always nice to see the Chinese AK variants!

firstchoice

I'll post something about the alby as soon as possible, for now I can give you a link to an article I wrote for an italian milsurp guns website, it's written in italian but images are international haha
http://www.collezionareexordinanza.it/scheda/51/SKS-ALBANESE-561/

I'll also upload some photo of my 84s and of my Romy G in the AK section.
On the chinese I've replaced all wooden parts with Arsenal black polymer furniture and I've added an ak74-ish muzzlebrake, recently I've also added a side-rail with belarusian mount and a chinese red dot.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:29:34 PM by Mr_Pike »

Offline Mr_Pike

• Newber
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 06:27:49 PM »
Welcome to the Files!  Great pic and love the sks's.  What kind of wood is that in the background?

Thanks a lot! the background is just my house laminate floor haha

Online Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 09:46:02 AM »
Welcome Fabio ! Ive never seen a gas tube such as the one on your Albanian !! Very interesting !! Was that the way it was made ? Or did someone fabricate the wood. ?  Just curious because you live in Italy and so maybe some were imported in a different fission ???  My son will station in your country next May : ) He is very excited.. US Army

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 06:05:21 AM »
Welcome Fabio ! Ive never seen a gas tube such as the one on your Albanian !! Very interesting !! Was that the way it was made ? Or did someone fabricate the wood. ?  Just curious because you live in Italy and so maybe some were imported in a different fission ???  My son will station in your country next May : ) He is very excited.. US Army

Hey DC. I think it's an early Chinese one piece Gas Tube that's been fitted to this Alby. They will work with a bit of fitting. The wooden hand guard is weathered, the whole assembly was probably taken from a parted out Chinese Type 56 for repairs to other SKS. Just my WAG, but I think I'm close on that. Do you concur on that Mr_Pike?

firstchoice

Offline Mr_Pike

• Newber
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 05:41:04 PM »

Hey DC. I think it's an early Chinese one piece Gas Tube that's been fitted to this Alby. They will work with a bit of fitting. The wooden hand guard is weathered, the whole assembly was probably taken from a parted out Chinese Type 56 for repairs to other SKS. Just my WAG, but I think I'm close on that. Do you concur on that Mr_Pike?

firstchoice

I totally agree! probably it's a field repair, also the whole trigger group is from a chinese one.
Probably it saw some action during the various battles in the Balkans, the previous owner told me he found it among some chinese sks imported from Croatia, all in the same "worn" conditions.

Offline Mr_Pike

• Newber
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 05:47:20 PM »

Thanks! The gas tube and the upper handguard are from a chinese one, probably a field repair. It came in Italy among other skss from Croatia, probably it saw some action during the various balkan conflicts.

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 08:02:47 PM »
How are these imported into Italy, and what are their values there?  Big restrictions on firearms there?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Mr_Pike

• Newber
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 04:34:51 PM »
How are these imported into Italy, and what are their values there?  Big restrictions on firearms there?

We have various importers which trades in milsurp weapons. SKSs values are about 250$ for the chinese ones, 350$ for russians and 400$+ for romanians and other "oddities" like my albanian... Yugos are extremely rare and the few imported back in the days, were sold without the grenade launcher.
we can have "assault rifles" only if converted to semi-auto only and, in case of folding stock, it has to be welded in the open position. We can't use 9x19 in handguns (In fact all our handguns are chambered in 9x21 IMI), we have to register every single magazine over 5rds for rifles and over 15rds for pistols.
we have limitations on number of bullets (200 for "pistol caliber rounds" and 1500 for "hunting calibers") and guns (3 pistols, 6 "sporting guns", 8 "antique weapons" and unlimited "hunting weapons") we can own, and if someone wants to have more, has to ask for special licences.
We have 3 kinds of permits to own guns: Self-defense (the only one which allow a person to carry a pistol), Sporting and hunting.
we have to register bayonets, sabers, double-edged knives and switchblades too and we can't carry any knife.
we have to stick to the european firearms legislation and its modifications.
oh, and every single police department in the country, has the habit to interpret laws as they wish...

Offline newchi

• Marksman
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 05:47:25 PM »
Oh my, and i bet you cant keep them under the bed or in a closet too.  Not that i can in Canada really either.

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 09:10:51 PM »
Oh geez

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 12:13:49 AM »
We have various importers which trades in milsurp weapons. SKSs values are about 250$ for the chinese ones, 350$ for russians and 400$+ for romanians and other "oddities" like my albanian... Yugos are extremely rare and the few imported back in the days, were sold without the grenade launcher.
we can have "assault rifles" only if converted to semi-auto only and, in case of folding stock, it has to be welded in the open position. We can't use 9x19 in handguns (In fact all our handguns are chambered in 9x21 IMI), we have to register every single magazine over 5rds for rifles and over 15rds for pistols.
we have limitations on number of bullets (200 for "pistol caliber rounds" and 1500 for "hunting calibers") and guns (3 pistols, 6 "sporting guns", 8 "antique weapons" and unlimited "hunting weapons") we can own, and if someone wants to have more, has to ask for special licences.
We have 3 kinds of permits to own guns: Self-defense (the only one which allow a person to carry a pistol), Sporting and hunting.
we have to register bayonets, sabers, double-edged knives and switchblades too and we can't carry any knife.
we have to stick to the european firearms legislation and its modifications.
oh, and every single police department in the country, has the habit to interpret laws as they wish...

Welcome to/from Kali. Same crap side ways. Keepin the lawyers busy though. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798