Author Topic: Osceola Shooting Range Lake City, Florida  (Read 4243 times)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Osceola Shooting Range Lake City, Florida
« on: April 07, 2016, 11:11:06 PM »
Yesterday we made our second trip to a range about 32 miles from home. A really nice facility owned and maintained by the state with no fees of any kind, I like "free"! It has one rifle range accomodating 10 shooters with a maximum of 200 yards range and two 50 yard pistol ranges each with positions for 10 shooters. They also have an archery range which we haven't tried yet but Mary is planning on bringing her crossbow next week. They supply the target stands.

We go during the morning either Wednesday or Thursday and the most people we have encountered has been five the first time and two yesterday, it's really nice.

I don't have but one of my targets to post here, I fired only a couple of magazines each through my Russian and the AR But I actually wanted to show off the range! More photos when Mary brings her crossbow.

The entrance, 200 yard range on the left, pistol ranges on the right. Sorry 'bout the finger!

The two pistol ranges

The 200 yrd range from the parking lot

We had the rifle side to ourselves!

The only photo of the targets that I have, as you can see I did terrible with the AR on paper. Gotta spend more time shooting this thing. Mary was spotting while I fired at a dark spot in the berm (about 12-14 inches in size), putting rounds into it every time so it's hitting okay.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Osceola Shooting Range Lake City, Florida
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 12:22:25 PM »
Nice looking range and great shooting.  Cant ask for much more.  thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 03:23:31 PM »
+1

Good shooting and a great range...state run no less  :o  Florida (or as I call it, the world's largest sandbar) certainly has no shortage of flat spots for a nice range  :))  Don't step on any pygmy rattlers on your way out to the 200 yd mark.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 11:23:08 PM »
Nice looking range and great shooting.  Cant ask for much more.  thumb1

Well I can agree with you on the part about the nice looking range, but the shooting.....I'm disappointed but working on it!

+1

Good shooting and a great range...state run no less  :o  Florida (or as I call it, the world's largest sandbar) certainly has no shortage of flat spots for a nice range  :))  Don't step on any pygmy rattlers on your way out to the 200 yd mark.

LOL...I call Florida the worlds largest LITTER BOX, but I really like the range. I haven't seen any pygmy rattlers yet but there is no shortage of danged coral snakes around our place.