General Milsurp Weapons > General C&R Information

Samco Global Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

(1/9) > >>

Phosphorus32:
http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2015/12/09/miami-arms-dealer-files-chapter-7-liquidation.html

Worth a quick read.  This'll be interesting to watch.  Sounds like a business partnership gone sour.  Perhaps Ghulam Dossul filed Chapter 7 in a poison pill strategy.

A bit of interesting information in the article was that Samco had a large cache of arms in a Honduran warehouse in the early 90's.  Probably explains many of their past and present (well, now the present is apparently past too) South American offerings.

running-man:
Definitely sounds like he's getting back at Ronald Joseph Martin.

So I wonder what would happen if you tried to place an order with them right now?  The website is still up and seeming operations are 'normal'  I wouldn't trust that as far as I could throw it!

Man, I've been wanting some more 6.5 Swedish blanks to stash away for reloading on a rainy day.  I guess they'll turn up somewhere one of these days....hopefully to a place that doesn't charge $65 to ship a $40 order of ammo.

Loose}{Cannon:
Im wondering where the inventory is going..... and what was set aside for a rainy day.

running-man:
It's telling that it's a Chapter 7 and not a Chapter 11 or 13.  If the bankruptcy court allows it, Samco will cease to exist and all assets will be sold to the highest bidder.

Phosphorus32:

--- Quote from: running-man on December 14, 2015, 12:03:26 AM ---It's telling that it's a Chapter 7 and not a Chapter 11 or 13.  If the bankruptcy court allows it, Samco will cease to exist and all assets will be sold to the highest bidder.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like he's had enough (and has enough) and is ready to pull the pin, so...

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on December 14, 2015, 12:00:03 AM ---Im wondering where the inventory is going..... and what was set aside for a rainy day.

--- End quote ---

...exactly!  The Bahamas aren't hard to get to from Miami  :))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version