Author Topic: My wife's small arsenal.  (Read 6585 times)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
My wife's small arsenal.
« on: September 22, 2014, 04:55:50 PM »
Thought I would throw in some photos of Mary's handguns, especially the little Bersa. We really like this pistol and we are impressed with the quality, reliability and accuracy. They got a lot of negative feedback when they hit the states but we have no complaints. It was her primary "work" gun when she was managing a nearby horse farm. Light weight and easy to conceal, it's a sweet pistol.

Not a top quality revolver (New Frontier) by any stretch of the imagination but a danged good shooter and lots of fun! Comes with a .22lr and .22 Mag cylinder.

A "Frank Hamer" model holster made by John Green at Old Gringo holsters http://www.myfambly.com/GRINGO.htm helps her carry it around.

And her S&W Mod 66-2 .357 Magnum (our grandson calls it a .357 magnitude) I do not remember what kind of laser this is, I have no use for such but...it's hers! It reaches out to about 300'. She has no trouble fitting her small fingers into the cramped trigger guard.

I have fun with it at night on the back porch, it drives the cats crazy but Mary doesn't think it's funny.  rofl

No sense of humor at all!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:57:25 PM by Dannyboy53 »

Offline Adam7

• Global Moderator
  • Marksman
Re: My wife's small arsenal.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:22:33 PM »
Nice guns!  I had a bersa thunder for a while and really liked it.  Still have a random pair of walnut grips here for it too.  I have a 66-3 and it's one heck of a wheel gun.  I'm surprised she shoots a 66-2!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 10:33:59 PM »
Never seen a cow-horn shaped grip like that on a pistol. That New Frontier looks pretty darn cool if you ask me.

Great group of handguns she has going!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 10:40:06 PM »
Thanks guys! It's called a "birds head" grip. I've read they were popular in the 19th century but doesn't seem to be so common now.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 10:45:49 PM »
Thanks 06, sometimes she even lets me shoot 'em!

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 10:49:23 PM »
I'm surprised she shoots a 66-2!

She learned how to shoot with a Mod 66 years ago, she's actually pretty good with it. I've yet to see a gun she wouldn't pull the trigger on Adam, she's a daredevil!

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 12:53:43 AM »
The Mrs. has a Magnum, and a classy one at that. thumb1  You go girl :)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 01:16:45 AM »
That birds-head grip shape is actually based on older authentic designs like the Colt Lightening shown in this Wicapic.

It's a DA, and I'd love to have one.  Something like $1200 US dollars is holding me back.

It's interesting to find out what our chicks like in the way of weapons.  And sometimes kinda scary.  jd
I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.  Groucho Marx

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 12:03:15 PM »
That is a nice little herd there! I carry a Bersa Thunder CC now, and my wife seems ready to start her little crowd...
She wants to start out with a Bersa as well, tossup between my Thunder CC and the BP9CC. She is also sniffing my CZ-83...
I also like the bird's head grip. It feels good in the hand, although I don't yet own one.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:09:51 PM by Stoned_Oli »

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 12:20:50 PM »
Thanks Oli, Bersa is a danged good choice. We have been very satisfied with hers. I never laid eyes on one until we got that one and was surprised at how well they are made and function. That .22 cal with the bird's head grip was an impulse buy, she likes .22 revolvers but fell in love with the looks of this one!

Yesterday evening after finally getting a chance to spend some time shooting her S&W she decided to pull that abomination (laser sight) off!  clap1