Author Topic: Another SKS variation from the Khyber Pass  (Read 1380 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Another SKS variation from the Khyber Pass
« on: April 03, 2020, 11:32:01 PM »
Hi Fellas,

I was gonna wait until this rifle was completely done, but I didn't.

I call this rig the Canadian Deer Stalker. This little jewel in the rough came to me with a horrible 18.5" barrel chop, and no front sight. The blue is in nice condition, didn't seem to have been shot much, if at all. The receiver, bolt, carrier, & trigger group matches, so the fire control group is GTG. The the muzzle was faced, & an 11* crown done, and there was enough stock muzzle tip left to put on a neutered front sight globe. On this rifle I went with a Mojo rear sight. I like it, it's quick, and handles nice. The mag didn't match so I put an unnumbered 5 rounder on, then put the whole she-bang in a Butler Creek stock. I still have to cold blue the muzzle. Other than the barrel length, coulda come from an importer like this, and there were commercial 18.5" SKSs produced. It's a keeper. PAX

You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
Re: Another SKS variation from the Khyber Pass
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 04:07:48 AM »
Nice.I like the sleek lines and comfort of the conventional stock and the simplicity of the wooly booger bipod.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 08:33:38 AM »
nice work, you did good.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline echo83

• Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 09:57:15 AM »
Clean looking build, I like it! How do you like the mojo sight? Was it tricky to install?

Offline yellowjacket

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 11:28:48 AM »
Clean looking build, I like it! How do you like the mojo sight? Was it tricky to install?

Repurposed and modifies FSB, right?

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 02:26:05 PM »
Thanks Fellas,

I've never tried to use the bipod for shootin, it's mostly a display/photo apparatus.

The Mojo was easy to install, the tricky part is removing the rear ladder without marring the finish. It and the Williams are very close in function. I went with the Mojo on this rifle because of the barrel lenght

That front globe actually came from a Paratrooper rescue. I'm going to post a pictorial thread soon about the various rescues/salvages/Bubbas I've cobbled together. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 11:00:10 PM »
Looking good Pax ! You do fantastic work for the sheltered SkS.  That SkS will love you for the rest of its life ! :)  thumb1