Author Topic: Wasn't sure where to put this, but they are designed after the AR  (Read 4080 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
So, most of you guys are probably familiar with my folding adapters I made for the Tapco stocks. I have been selling some on Ebay and a guy asked me to make one for his SIG MPX. I didn't even know what it was at first, lol. Anyway, I told him I would make one and here are some pics.
This is the proto-type folding adapter fr the SIG MPX. It will also fit the MCX carbine. Disclaimer; In the pics you'll see a regular carbine buffer tube, obviously not the right tube for a pistol, lol. The tube is only for display purposes and did not remain on the pistol. A local gun shop was kind enough to allow me to mount my adapter onto their display model to get these pics.

What do you think?

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Wasn't sure where to put this, but they are designed after the AR
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 10:45:01 AM »
Dang...  Looks good man!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 11:47:08 AM »
Looks solid!  thumb1  Aluminum? powder coated?

I didn't know what a Sig MPX/MCX was either  :))

SIG SAUER

SIG SAUER

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 11:59:38 AM »
Thanks guys, very solid and aluminum. Basically a 3 slot 1/2" QD riser from UTG along with the UTG folding mechanism I use for the Tapco stocks. I used a self etching primer then matte black fusion paint to refinish it. It was a one-off prototype per request so the guy gets what he gets. I was going to send it out in the raw but then remembered I had the primer and paint.

FYI, the MPX is a 9mm pistol/SBR version and the MCX can be either a pistol, carbine, or SBR in 5.56NATO, 300BLKOUT, or 7.62x39. Loosely built on the AR platform.
I ended up on the SIG website to get all that info. High $$$ item, $1k-$2k depending on options.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »
Wow that does look solid!!
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt