Author Topic: Got this baby in the pipe!  (Read 4647 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Got this baby in the pipe!
« on: July 08, 2017, 03:05:06 PM »
Hi SKS Junkies,

Just sent of the fundage and FFL paper work for this little guy, NIB. Snail mail, shipping and Kali "cooling off period" puts it 2 or 3 weeks out. On a positive note, the Alby guy moved our FTF up to the 16th, so I'll end up getting them both in my hot little hands, about the same time, and a Romy too, if it passes the muster. PAX

You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
Re: Got this baby in the pipe!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 04:46:45 PM »
Hmm...let me ask you a question....what do you think you're buying?

Offline Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 06:50:17 PM »
Nice!

Is it a 10 round fixed magazine or adapted for AK magazines?

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 06:57:19 PM »

I'm not certain, but I think it's an Omega Para. What's thrown me off, is the seller thought it was blade cut, still has the lug, but no bayo. I thought the Omegas were all spiker. He says it's double struck with the import marks, but it matters not to me what it is. I'll wait until it's in my possession and give it the once over. I got it because it's a Para, and he accepted what I was able to offer.

What it, and is it uncommon? PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 07:12:13 PM »

I'm not certain, but I think it's an Omega Para. What's thrown me off, is the seller thought it was blade cut, still has the lug, but no bayo. I thought the Omegas were all spiker. He says it's double struck with the import marks, but it matters not to me what it is. I'll wait until it's in my possession and give it the once over. I got it because it's a Para, and he accepted what I was able to offer.

What it, and is it uncommon? PAX

Whew, ok. I saw the SKSS manual and was hoping you didn't get duped into thinking you were buying an SKSS. Yeah, that's a standard Para.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 09:44:47 PM »
Looks like its in super condition​.   thumb1

Stinks how long you guys have wait before getting them outta jail. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 06:20:19 AM »
Looks like its in super condition​.   thumb1

Stinks how long you guys have wait before getting them outta jail.

He's the original owner and has never fired it.

One of the kill aspects of the 10 wait, is 2 trips to the FFL. I'd drive a couple hunnerd miles for the right deal two times. Another caveat, is a Kali DOJ hook, "Delay Delivery". That's where the DOJ holds up the transfer pending "further review". After 30 more days, if there's an "undetermined", then the FFL CAN release, but many FFL's store policy is to return to seller. So I always ask what the policy is.

I got burned hard on an otherwise super sweet deal. I had a trade set up, a Savage 69 RXL ex-cop pump shotty that I had a C note into, for an Ishy 2A1 straight across. I was more than willing to make a 2 hour (one way) trip twice, but got a delay hold from the DOJ. Ended up having to pay extra to ship/receive & DROS again at one of my FFLs. That took over 45 days for a C&R exchange. No problem the second go round.  >:( WTF. I still made out, but not like a bandit. PAX
  You need a crew  

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »
Got an update on my Para. The seller sent me additional pictures. It's a "C&A Virginia Beach Va." import conversion build. Looks to be scrubbed or blank every where but the receiver. Wasn't a good shot of the bolt carrier, but it looked scrubbed, and was dull, bead blasted dull. No numbers on the stock either. It's pretty cool, I can't wait  nailbite1. PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 05:51:07 PM »
Sweet looking para!

Does it have a mag at all? The manual covering that seems....weird, and the box almost looks as if it was molded to fit a 20 round mag?

Is that a Yugo buttpad on there or did some of the conversion people just add that on?

Regardless, once you get a short blade on there...consider me jelly. :)